Cannot enter homestead underwater?

Looks like entering your homestead from underwater does not work (the action is not available).  It's common practice to park alts at various open world chests (jumping puzzles, sunken chests, etc.) for easy farming.  With Homesteads, for alts you want parked at a JP chest you can just enter the homestead from the JP chest.  When you log into that alt, exit your homestead and you're at the chest.  For anything underwater (including underwater puzzles, sunken chests, etc.) you cannot do this.  Please fix it so you can enter your homestead from underwater.

13 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Wouldn't that flood the homestead and wash away all your nodes, etc? Very impractical! 

It's a magical gate, of course not!  (No more than opening one at the top of the highest mountain in the Shiverpeaks would fill your homestead with snow/cold air, or opening one in the Crystal Desert would fill your homestead with Choya, anyway)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I doubt it's a bug. You need to place it somewhere on the ground and underwater that would create issues I'm sure. When I think about it, I believe that no ground targeted skills work underwater as it is. 

Nor do the birthday cakes. Sad times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

It's a magical gate, of course not!  (No more than opening one at the top of the highest mountain in the Shiverpeaks would fill your homestead with snow/cold air, or opening one in the Crystal Desert would fill your homestead with Choya, anyway)

I actually wouldn't mind it if opening up my door on the highest mountain in the Shiverpeaks would turn my homestead in winter wonderland... I'd actually welcome it.
That aside, I don't think it's a bug. Just like you can't place it on those floating tile bridges in Metrica Province. It has to be connect with the ground.

• Like 1