Returning Mesmer

Bladion.3174

Hey guys,

So i bought GW2 a while back (back when the core version wasn't free) but stopped....recently I decided to come back and bought the HoT and PoF expansions.

Was wondering if someone can give me a "returning noob" guide to like Mesmers and also what I should be doing after I boost to 80 (should I jump right into PoF or do the original stories etc). I've read some forums and guides and I'm interested in running a Mirage condi build...how do I build my toon until I unlock the specialization?

Thanks a bunch!

Hey! I've been a returning player myself so I know how rebuilding goes! To answer your question, the best thing to do would be getting yourself to one of the new HoT maps and joining a Hero Point train. Hero point trains are basically people running around the map collecting "Skill points," which have been changed to hero points and now carry the value of 10. You can do this in either the HoT maps or the PoF maps. Its best to unlock both specs though. Chronomancer offers superior support skills, with decent damage depending on how you build it. Mirage is also pretty decent. Its phantasm build does pretty good condi damage.

It sounds like you don't have a build to start yourself out with so for now go with:https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/power-mesmer/

The above link is for the core Mesmer power spec. It should help get you started. You can go ahead with exotics since you are just returning.

You can find all other builds under the mesmer tab on this site. All are considered viable for most game modes. Outside of raids and fractals though I'd say your free to play how you want.Ah, you can also hop in WvW for Testimonies of Heroics. This is another way to obtain hero points for leveling your specifications. Good luck and have fun!

@Bladion.3174 said:Thanks! That's great advice. Are raids/fractals/WvW all pretty new player friendly? (Eg. Will i get owned running in with the max lvl 80 boost gear set)

You should have no problem with fractals, but unless you find a guild willing to help you, you'd struggle to be accepted into raids straight away. I'm not familiar with WvW so I can't comment on that. That said, I would unlock at least 1 of the elite specs before you go into fractals. You can either pick up skill points from the PoF or HoT maps, although personally I find it easier doing the PoF maps first. Just start the PoF storyline to get there. When you do the PoF storyline you unlock the various mounts that really help a lot when navigating the HoT maps.

Archived