Fix Engi Spear 2!

Fleance.7501

Until Anet fix the skill, consider this skill to have 300-350 range against medium size target. If your target has a small hitbox consider this skill to have 200 range. It should gives you enough window for the skill to work through most of your encounter.

6 hours ago, ukuni.8745 said:

well until its fixed ive found facing away from my target makes it way less likely to over shoot and more likely to hit

Tried this on the Fractal bosses where Conduit Surge wont hit at all
yep, didnt work, still wont hit.

Still cant believe this issue isnt adressed yet even though people were complaining about it since beta.

Took it to strikes recently and yeh.. condi quick scrapper doesnt work when the main finisher on the weapon simply doesn't do its finisher. Quickness is only applied if the hit "properly" lands.

Strike bosses are medium+ hitboxes and you're nearly always in melee range, yet for some reason it still "misses". Even running half ritualist gear to try up the boon duration, it still drops significantly in fights because the 2 isn't connecting. 

It is evident it is that skill aswell as arcDPS shows it as being cancelled over 20 times... more than the auto's. 

Really enjoy scrapper and want to enjoy the spear, but all fun is lost when it simply doesn't work, and then effects everyone around me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve found treating it as a melee skill is your best bet, always within 450 range, ideally right on the edge of the hitbox.  Still shoot through the boss now and then, but more like 95%+ successful.  My bigger frustration on cqscrapper is the larger hit boxes and anti hitbox mechanics, hard to combo in a field at the bosses feet if I can’t get close 😅.  That said, yeah spear2 needs work.

On 8/31/2024 at 12:14 AM, Jerus.4350 said:

I’ve found treating it as a melee skill is your best bet, always within 450 range, ideally right on the edge of the hitbox.  Still shoot through the boss now and then, but more like 95%+ successful.  My bigger frustration on cqscrapper is the larger hit boxes and anti hitbox mechanics, hard to combo in a field at the bosses feet if I can’t get close 😅.  That said, yeah spear2 needs work.

Nah, There are times that it wont hit even at point blank range, some fractal bosses does not get hit at all no matter what range or angle you try to

and its not just spear 2 that is broken... Spear 5 is also bugged and not affected by quickness

Edited by Tofu.1865

On 8/26/2024 at 2:56 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Until Anet fix the skill, consider this skill to have 300-350 range against medium size target. If your target has a small hitbox consider this skill to have 200 range. It should gives you enough window for the skill to work through most of your encounter.

OMG, I have been trying to figure out why I have not had the same issues as everyone else, and I think this is it.

I think I have unconsciously adapted to how terrible the tracking is at any range and never use the skill as a gap closer, or under any circumstance where it is not a plain melee skill.

18 hours ago, Tofu.1865 said:

Nah, There are times that it wont hit even at point blank range, some fractal bosses does not get hit at all no matter what range or angle you try to

and its not just spear 2 that is broken... Spear 5 is also bugged and not affected by quickness

Haven’t done a full fractal tour yet, but wouldn’t surprise me with say the dredge molten boss or other weird things.  Did dhuum last night and the 10% floating phase I shot right through, surprisingly log says I landed 2/3 hits, but just zoomed through 😅.  Still having plenty of luck treating it as a melee skill most places.

I wonder if I can still refund Janthir Wilds? the only thing that appealed to me in this expansion was the Spears but it's hella unusable on some fractal bosses, there are times that we have to do a /gg because some of our Engis forgot to switch to Pistols on boss fights because the Spear 2 won't hit the boss at all.

Edited by Tofu.1865
  • Like 2

Yeah I check the forums from time to time to see if the issue is resolved/at the very least addressed, but nah. I've already moved on to other games. Almost 3 weeks and the core mechanic of a new weapon is still broken for Engi (who seems to be the only class with an actual game breaking bug).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2024 at 7:41 AM, Jski.6180 said:

It dose not seem the spear 2 leap only works if your hitting an target too. What going on with anet and spears its very slow going to fix/update.

Yup, the leap wont trigger unless the enemy is hit, the Range is also bugged 
Spear 2 is still bug even after the last update, still wont hit some fractal bosses.

Edited by Tofu.1865
  • Like 1