Lump Of Beeswax, what's it used for now?

So, when I saw that it was used for Chandelier, I bought like 10g worth of it, so 20 pieces. I've been sharing it with some friends (by crafting the decoration for them, to put into their housing) before the recipe changed, now, I'm stuck with 16 lumps of beeswax that I can't use and selling it is like worthless. Is there was a way to make it so that I can exchange it with some honeycomb? I did not even know the reason why I could buy it was because I had Frostfang unlocked. I was hoping instead of changing the recipe, I would be able to use it for future updates. Does anyone else have extras like I do?

Edited by PIOUSLIGHT.7416
clarifying the crafting
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PIOUSLIGHT.7416 said:

So, when I saw that it was used for Chandelier, I bought like 10g worth of it, so 20 pieces. I've been sharing it with some friends before the recipe changed, now, I'm stuck with 16 lumps of beeswax that I can't use and selling it is like worthless. Is there was a way to make it so that I can exchange it with some honeycomb? I did not even know the reason why I could buy it was because I had Frostfang unlocked. I was hoping instead of changing the recipe, I would be able to use it for future updates. Does anyone else have extras like I do?

It's only for Frostfang collection. And no, you weren't sharing it with friends, because it was always account bound.

The recipe change was completely justified. And if you produced way too many of that item, just talk to support, they'll likely refund you (for all of the 10 gold you spent). Just be honest about what you did.

(notice, that you can always use it for the collection as well. That step takes 10 beeswaxes, which will remove more than half of the ones you have)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

It's only for Frostfang collection. And no, you weren't sharing it with friends, because it was always account bound.

The recipe change was completely justified. And if you produced way too many of that item, just talk to support, they'll likely refund you (for all of the 10 gold you spent). Just be honest about what you did.

(notice, that you can always use it for the collection as well. That step takes 10 beeswaxes, which will remove more than half of the ones you have)

I WAS sharing it with friends. I basically crafted chandeliers for them and it goes into their housing (unless you don't realize you could do this when party decoration is allowed)

I was even offering it to guildies if anyone wanted free chandeliers.

I contacted support about it and they told me to wrote on the forums about it, so they can see what feedback there is.

And I have done the collection so I have no need for it anymore.

Edited by PIOUSLIGHT.7416
to add the quote
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Huh. I haven't heard of support asking people to post on the forums. Like a vote? So if enough people on the forums agree that you've been hard done by then they will give you a refund? How bizarre!

FWIW, I think they probably should give you a refund. It was their bug which caused the problem. But it also isn't a big amount of gold we are talking about (given you get get 90gold for 540 astral acclaim on the WV every 3 months) so I'm not sure I would want Anet spending any effort on trying to do a global refund or some such.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Huh. I haven't heard of support asking people to post on the forums.

I have. It's their way of saying they don't want to deal with the issue. OP should ask to escalate it to someone higher up.

Not sure if 10 gold is worth going through this, but since it is an issue caused by Anet's mistake in the first place, they should offer a refund.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

That amount of gold should not be worth any changes. If support was not able to help it is best to delete it. Just bad luck to have bought them directly before the patch not have been able to use them fast. (Since they were probably meant to be  used to craft soon - nobody  would buy in bulk and randomly store it in the inventory when they don't plan to use it at that moment. Since there is no mat storage for that item.)

• Like 2

They can refund Icy Runestones by asking us to delete them, and refund 100G. I see no reason they cannot do this as well, it's just less gold we're talking about.

Don't ask support if this item can be used anywhere else or exchange for something else. Support cannot do that. Just ask them to refund the gold you used to buy them, linking the item with a wiki page. If you got 16 left, ask for refund for those 16. When they accepted they will ask you to delete the items you want for refund. Don't delete them before they accept just in case. After deleting them, tell them you did, and they'll check the data on their side, and proceed to send you the gold for the cost.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1