More time is needed for Salmon run

For now: Do it in the race event - be there at start to sign up before it starst. Like 4+ minutes on both even on the one where you need 1:30 for gold. Not really sure what triggers it to get the easy option in the race event. Joining late did not give me the eligibility icon in the boon bar. It might be the first 4 minutes when the race event starts (even possible to join late but then with less time) ... or needing you to be registered before it starts.

Something else that helps is modifying your build for speed and boon duration. I'm pretty they didn't intend for build to be important for a transformed adventure, but it is. I used the Relic of Speed as well as complimentary runes and sigils and adjusting my build for speed, and was able to do it in 2:25. Even then, it felt more lucky than anything, as movement and the canons can be really janky.

Oh, also do it in first person and try to avoid swimming on the surface, as that MASSIVELY decreases your speed for some reason.
And don't forget to dash and jump on dry land.

• Like 2

I'd offer that better controls are also needed for salmon run. Needing to dive in order to use skills (because being at the surface completely removes them...) and the dash underwater pushing you upward, toward the skill-disabled surface, is just awful. 

And can we get the canons labeled, please?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1