Maybe I'm an idiot, but....

20 hours ago, Tula.6021 said:

I don't see how convergences pay off better.

T2 and T3 rifts pay off better, don't they?

Weekly rifts is also a thing you apparently missed

What pays off is a guild. I only knew about convergences from my pve community guild that does them every sunday and I only joined for the achievements.

In terms of Essences, Convergences are much better due to netting enough essence for 4 Amalgamated Essences per week (do three Convergences per week, only once per day)

In terms of gold, Convergences are a little bit better due to giving both Unstable Motivations as well as the chance for Supreme Runes of Holding. 

In terms of accessibility, Rifts are better due to being accessible everywhere at any time.

In terms of replayability, Convergences is WAY better due to not making you absolutely despise Rifts on different maps

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I get it about Wizards Tower.  I don't visit their either.  But, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, there have been several other ways in which Convergences were 'advertised' so I'm not so sure we should be so quick to blame the game for this 'issue'.

I agree that ultimately is their own fault. I vaguely recall after completing Duress that there was a popup talking about Convergences, but honestly when I was doing Legendaries I was checking online "how to get Essences" and it directed me towards Convergences as the most time/cost effective. I don't know why anyone doing anything related to Legendaries wouldn't be looking up better/faster/cheaper ways of doing it in-game.

Sucks that OP didn't look into Convergences more and just assumed it was a raid.

Really sucks in that by this point, they'd have even essences for 2.5 full sets of Legendary Armour by only doing Convergences (1/day @ 3/week) which works out to maybe 60min-70min of combined playtime per week.

• Like 1

I've learned to approach this game with an entirely different mindset than any other MMao I've ever played. I've forced myself to slow down and make map completion a priority. I click on everything I can click on and actually read text from each NPC. I started st the end of path of fire, so I have a LOT of content to go through. I've played through all the xpacs and living world. I'm currently going back through and trying to get every achievement for each chapter. 

I'll be honest, it's my fault for being deaf to anything that looks or sounds like group content. I can't commit to any sort of static schedule for the next few years, but group content is why we play MMOs. However it's quite scary in this game. The skill ceiling is high, regardless of how "easy" a build is. I can survive anything solo in a story instance by just tapping buttons. And I did just that for a long time. But again, GW2 makes you approach combat in an entirely different way. It's all why I'm still playing. 

I have to go find this dragonstorm event. I missed it altogether as well somehow.

I had to find out myself that Convergences were on a 3 hour timer and that there was a weekly that gave you boxes with enough essence to make 3 amalgamated essence.

There are a lot of things in this game that you will not know about if you don't ready every set of patch notes. People still don't know about something as simple as the player contest weapon skins with mini stories to unlock them. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ectoplasm-Infused_Vision_Crystal

On 9/10/2024 at 7:11 PM, Vindex.9487 said:

I've learned to approach this game with an entirely different mindset than any other MMao I've ever played. I've forced myself to slow down and make map completion a priority. I click on everything I can click on and actually read text from each NPC. I started st the end of path of fire, so I have a LOT of content to go through. I've played through all the xpacs and living world. I'm currently going back through and trying to get every achievement for each chapter. 

I'll be honest, it's my fault for being deaf to anything that looks or sounds like group content. I can't commit to any sort of static schedule for the next few years, but group content is why we play MMOs. However it's quite scary in this game. The skill ceiling is high, regardless of how "easy" a build is. I can survive anything solo in a story instance by just tapping buttons. And I did just that for a long time. But again, GW2 makes you approach combat in an entirely different way. It's all why I'm still playing. 

I have to go find this dragonstorm event. I missed it altogether as well somehow.

You can find the the charr npc that lets you join the Dragonstorm in the Eye of the North. The public version is on a timer so it might be a good thing to check the wiki website mentioned previously by others to see when it's open. 

On 9/9/2024 at 5:14 PM, Vindex.9487 said:

Thank you Danikat. Y'all are absolutely right. I should have done my due diligence and researched it more. That's kind of my point though. It's never introduced in the story or gameplay that I've seen. That's not surprising to me because the horizontal progression this game offers leaves it up to the player to decide what path to take and how we get to whatever personal goals we have.

There's lots of things that are not very well described in game. But the others have answered it, it seems, I just wanted to say, use motivations for rifts for legendary armor. And the GW2 Wiki is your friend, like BFF.

Instead of 14 essences per rift, you get something like 55. Which speeds it up by a huge amount. It's quite expensive in terms of gold, but the way I read your post, you have gold to burn 😛 Me and a friend farmed the legendary armor in about 2 weeks that way. I would not recommend it to anyone sane to do it the same way we did, as it get's quite expensive... or more expensive at least. 

45 minutes ago, Tula.6021 said:

Why only once per day? My guild does two in a row.

The daily chest that you get from it, if you grab each of the essences once, then at the end of the week you'll have enough essences for x4 Amalgamated.

Since you can only get the daily chest once a day, that's why I recommend doing Convergences once per day to maximize Rift Essences for time spent in-game.

(does not take into account Nuggies)

• Thanks 1