Revenant October 8 balance patch preview

Buran.3796

15 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

I'm not seing it. It doesn't have any defense or decent mobility which leads to either run agressive builds with low re-sustain or ability to disengage OR to pair it with staff or shield for defenses which will throw your damage under the bus. You will compete against  Spellbreaker/Willbender/Virtuoso which bring similar teamfight damage and cc but have better mobility, re-sustain and can do real damage at range.

So far I keep playing hammer Vindi and the more I try other options in the Rev landscape the worst they feel to me.

Well you have to look at its strengths=>

• keeping ppl good amount of chill condi uptime, which can be used to catch up or kite better.

• it has some evade/dash which lays weakness condi, chill and slow. This is really nice, somebody teles on you for example and you dash away if they want to chase you make it so they have to run through that which will reduce their stuff.  So this is also more sustain.

• good cc with same time damage and good utility of poison condis.

• you can lay many cover condis to ur advantage they keep sticking.

Spear is more condi weapon with some hybrid damage, so no that great for power builds. And these condis + some evade and cc give the cc/sustain/damage you need out of it. Got to take advantage of these all in different ways according to situation. Spear is more then decent, if we make it more, it will be really OP and at that part everyone will be able to beat ppl above their skill lvl which will get it fast nerfed...

Also why shield is taken in condi builds ik pvp/wvw because axe isn't really good for condi aside pve because dps numbers.

3 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

So far I keep playing hammer Vindi and the more I try other options in the Rev landscape the worst they feel to me.

Personally been playing Sword Axe Power Herald with GS and Leadership Relic.

Being able to safe engage from 900 range and slam a Mesmer or Thief with Reveal upon porting is so comfortable. 

Also the ability to gap close 900 range without being in Shiro is simply amazing because it allows me to be as aggressive as possible in Glint before I switch to Shiro to hit an emergency Riposting to disengage. GS also offers so much threat to the enemy after they burnt dodges and defensives against Glint damage skills and Sword's 1v1 pressure. 

Definitely looking forward to the buffed Forceful Persistence and Sword 2 since this playstyle pretty much lets me turn on like 4 Facets, throw Axe at someone and vibe check them. If you dodge, good on you but that's 1 less dodge for you to evade my eventual GS5 + IO combo. If you don't dodge it, that's easily 5000 ish damage you take.