Homesteads are cool, but ...

The building in itself is fun and a worthwhile update. 

However, I feel like there could be more to the homesteads

In Path of Exile I did use the housing feature quite a bit (hideouts). In Path of Exile there was more meaning to your homestead.

It was your base for starting maps and trading. So you (and other people) would naturally come visit your homstead all the time

Guild Wars 2 has the gathering, and that's cool ... But most probably won't get into getting all the gathering nodes.

I feel like there could be more to the homesteads, but I can't even really think of what that could be

Some activity that would

1. Give more reason to visit my homestead other than building and gathering

2. Maybe something (besides gathering) that would involve other people visiting eachothers homesteads

(and yes you can ofc invite your friends in to share your creations, but I was thinking more of an activity that made these interactions happen naturally)

Anyone has any ideas? If so feel free to share!

Or maybe you don't care about any of this?

I could understand, because yes, it's already a worthwhile addition to the game. 

Just building in itself is really fun!

But I feel like they could be even more

I love Homesteads - but only for selling all the Homestead-related mats. I've made quite a bit of gold that way. All I've done in my Homestead is what is required for the Personal Story. Other than that - bleh. As dull as fishing and, overall, for me, pointless.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

I love Homesteads - but only for selling all the Homestead-related mats. I've made quite a bit of gold that way. All I've done in my Homestead is what is required for the Personal Story. Other than that - bleh. As dull as fishing and, overall, for me, pointless.

If you don't enjoy the building (I do) I can see how you would feel that way.

So yes, I do think it would be cool if homesteads had more purpose besides the building and gathering aspects. Even if that doesn't happen though, I still think it's a nice feature already

Edited by jokke.6239