Skiff still extremely broken (unuseable)

I first noticed it when we could no longer go off of the waterfalls with the skiff, but its literally any elevation change will stop your skiff and knock you off.  I've tested it everywhere and literally anything you hit that makes your skiff rise even an inch will make you stuck.  It's like they completely removed any and all gravity from the skiff.  It's busted in literally every map you only need to hit a submerged rock to see its an extremely reproduceable bug.  Like if you skim the shore on a corner, before you would glide over it as long as you hit water, now you full stop and get knocked off after a few moments of being stuck.  The skiff is literally unuseable now

• Like 5

ya it keeps happening to me and several others I know, doesnt matter what map i'm on the skiff keeps breaking and sometimes respawning doesnt even fix it, have to shut game off entirely. Even in the middle of the ocean it still randomly glitches out

Edited by Max Critts.4620

On 9/17/2024 at 12:20 PM, Garu.1430 said:

I first noticed it when we could no longer go off of the waterfalls with the skiff, but its literally any elevation change will stop your skiff and knock you off.  I've tested it everywhere and literally anything you hit that makes your skiff rise even an inch will make you stuck.  It's like they completely removed any and all gravity from the skiff.  It's busted in literally every map you only need to hit a submerged rock to see its an extremely reproduceable bug.  Like if you skim the shore on a corner, before you would glide over it as long as you hit water, now you full stop and get knocked off after a few moments of being stuck.  The skiff is literally unuseable now

This explains why I am suddenly losing my skiff when trying to depth charge leviathan in Seitung. Still has that bug where it moves back and forth, jittering, on the spot and I can't move it and have to make it disappear.

Same here. Seems that when you hit the bottom now for any reason, even slightly, the skiff slows to a stop and despawns while you press the forward key wildly wondering why won't it go?  Yeah I'm totally over this already.  Let's get a fix in eh?

Edited by Khazral.7592
Additional text

I've been trying to get In the Name of the Law done and it requires skiffing Rama around... In New Kaineng City... bumping into anything is very easy and renders skiff unusable in a few seconds, keep falling into water and needing to deal with all the annoying kappa, because I can't just walk away, Rama is still there to pick up. It's a pain.

And adding to roller beetle issue, same here. Also can't use skill 1 on beetle during a race anymore either? It gets turn off with a description of not being able to use skills in transformation.

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2024 at 11:56 AM, Mesmorage.6508 said:

Beetle is also acting very strange, and losing speed in places where it shouldn't.

I host beetle-race tournaments every 2 months, but this one is gonna get postponed because of the issues. Can't wait for it to be fixed.

I have been noticing this as well. There are areas in bitterfrost for example where I have Used the beetle to move from one place to another 100s of times so i know exactly how it behaves in these spots. Now it at times seems as if the beetle is just not gaining the proper momentum or carrying it in spots I am 100% sure it did before.