Bringing Players to PvP

Desaita.3792

The number of players in sPvP in the EU is so low that only a few players play this mode. I am only a silver player and have to compete in every match against platinum top 250 players in Unranked. Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer players so PvP becomes less and less fun. But it's a shame that top players farm the normal ones and thus drive new players out of PvP. It's a shame.

On 9/17/2024 at 3:55 PM, Desaita.3792 said:

I think one of the mechanic changes that upset me the most was the removal of every bunker or support amulet available years ago because they were "too strong", being the simple counter to a berserker who spams evasion and invulnerable. 

ᴴᵉʰᵉʰᵉʰᵉʰᵉʰᵉʰᵉ

3 hours ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Adversely most PvP builds will be acceptable in pve open world. Not good, but good enough. It's one of of the ways I teach my muscle memory 

Correct! If you're learning a new class this is how you do it ❤️

Pvp is a different beast, OP. You may think bunker builds should be more allowed, but when you are fighting another person the toolkit needs to be different to ensure fights end and players have their time respected. You can still bunker in pvp, but you cannot depend on your armor to do that for you and need to make specific game choices correctly to do so. 

Otherwise the game would be full of unkillable players and be worse for it. 

If evasion and invuln is annoying to you, imagine how annoying fighting a clerics necro would be. Id inagine more people wouldn't stick around for that scenario.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Just let people play with their own gear and increase players health for roughly 50% or something like this. I bet much more players would join PvP if they can join with their own gear and with their own stats. Or at least make two options: join PvP as it is now (from lvl 2 up to lvl 80) and option number 2 for those who want to play with their own gear: join PvP as lvl 80 only with your own gear and whatever stats you want. Also add 10 vs 10 and 15 vs 15 PvP matches: i bet this will increase the number of pvp players significantly, as more relaxing PvP would be expected that way ...

dont think that push will "bring new players". 

the meta soon arrives with 3 dps 2 supports, players who are not used to play this wvw smallscale will have an ultra bad experience. they are not used to play focus target and will feel a big punch like madman on their keyboard hardly getting anyone killed.

anet didnt learn from wvw roaming where it already shifted to group roaming with supports.

i see already now groups throwing as soon they cant get the push further than the middle crossroads, calling GG early and all that.

nah push wont do it. you can design any map mechanic what you want its not related to the conquest maps or their objectives. 

15 hours ago, Sifu.9745 said:

Just let people play with their own gear and increase players health for roughly 50% or something like this. I bet much more players would join PvP if they can join with their own gear and with their own stats. Or at least make two options: join PvP as it is now (from lvl 2 up to lvl 80) and option number 2 for those who want to play with their own gear: join PvP as lvl 80 only with your own gear and whatever stats you want. Also add 10 vs 10 and 15 vs 15 PvP matches: i bet this will increase the number of pvp players significantly, as more relaxing PvP would be expected that way ...

It already exist. It is called WvW.

10 hours ago, Thormagor.5418 said:

It already exist. It is called WvW.

WvW isn't real PvP. It is more like "open world" kind of playstyle and more looks like chaos than some organized game. You can roam around for hours alone or with a friend/s and not meet a single player from the opposite factions. Also killing guards, soloing camps/Shrines, destroying walls and fortresses, killing the boss of a castle doesn't have much to do with a PvP.

The fights of larger groups (Zergs) are completely uninteresting and chaotic, not to mention the lag. And not to mention how long you have to wait before you can even participate in a "serious" game of WvW. Maybe once per day, if you have luck and not in a pvp guild?

The PvP I have in mind, however, would be time limited, maps would be much much smaller (the size of maps from structured PvP or slightly bigger) and the number of players would be fixed. We would have available the already existing 5 vs 5 matches and added lets say 7 vs 7 and 10 vs 10 or even bigger ones like 15 vs 15. The time would be limited n max 10 minutes. Something like World of Warcraft has: Arenas with 2vs2, 3vs3 and 5vs5 matches and Battlegrounds for larger groups: 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 and 25 vs 25 (or is it 40 vs 40, can't remember ...) players.

Edited by Sifu.9745