poor game optimization

I get 40-60 FPS on large crowds of people while on max settings 1440p ultrawide on a mid-range PC setup, I understand the FPS drops because I haven't seen an MMO this much player that didn't lag

Yes, GW2 has an old game engine but your issue getting 5-15 fps max is probably a "your hardware issue now too"
the only map in GW2 that has poor optimization is Wizard's Tower

Just upgrade your current set up, but yes we need a new graphic engine and a new graphics update similar to FFXIV's update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Tofu.1865 said:

the only map in GW2 that has poor optimization is Wizard's Tower

And New Kaineng. And Amnytas. And the west side of Inner Nayos...

17 hours ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

fps drops to 5-15 max

Population limit is gonna help, set it to medium or low. You can also replace enemies with a default avatar, that helps with performance too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

And New Kaineng. And Amnytas. And the west side of Inner Nayos...

Population limit is gonna help, set it to medium or low. You can also replace enemies with a default avatar, that helps with performance too.

i know, I've already done this , i just can't understand, Arena net instead of solving the internal problems of the game, it creates more and more new ones

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Ok, then something is REALLY wrong because you shouldn't be getting 5-15 FPS in WvW with a "stronger computer" as you put it, tell us your specs and show us your settings.

Processor: AMD 5600 3.7GHz.

32Gb Ram

Video: Nvidia 3600 12Gb

SSD Patriot 500Gb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Only if it really is his hardware.

My computer is 4 years old and I experienced lags - mainly skill lags, or it started with skill lags, rest followed -  in wvw after the last, last beta event (before the permanent beta). The skill lags were so bad in prime time that I couldn't play prime time anymore. Not at all. I had no problems before. I played on max settings except for post-processing. For me, the game is prettier without it. And I set the appearance of the others to standard because their blink-blink distracted me.

Setting the graphics to the lowest setting didn't help with my skill lags at any time.

With WR they also released a 6th tier and that was my best performance in a year or so. Later the 6th tier was deleted and I had lags again, but with each reset they lessened and yesterday at reset and prime time I had none. All the maps had queues (ebg even up to 80), at least on our side.

My hardware was the same the whole time.

So it's not my hardware.

It's either my isp or the Anet servers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

@Gnomskii.7423 what about your settings, because you can easily stay over 30 FPS on large battles with that set up if you have your settings right.

I reset everything to the minimum settings, managed to get 50-60fps outside of battle, but when the battle with the blob starts, it drops to about 15-20 fps

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Only if it really is his hardware.

My computer is 4 years old and I experienced lags - mainly skill lags, or it started with skill lags, rest followed -  in wvw after the last, last beta event (before the permanent beta). The skill lags were so bad in prime time that I couldn't play prime time anymore. Not at all. I had no problems before. I played on max settings except for post-processing. For me, the game is prettier without it. And I set the appearance of the others to standard because their blink-blink distracted me.

Setting the graphics to the lowest setting didn't help with my skill lags at any time.

With WR they also released a 6th tier and that was my best performance in a year or so. Later the 6th tier was deleted and I had lags again, but with each reset they lessened and yesterday at reset and prime time I had none. All the maps had queues (ebg even up to 80), at least on our side.

My hardware was the same the whole time.

So it's not my hardware.

It's either my isp or the Anet servers.

This is arena server as my guild and i were experiencing the same issues with ping lag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

I reset everything to the minimum settings, managed to get 50-60fps outside of battle, but when the battle with the blob starts, it drops to about 15-20 fps

That's too low for that hardware, something is up, you should be getting some 200-300 FPS out of battle.

You can try posting screen shots of your settings and use some hardware monitoring tools to see what's up, right now my best guess is some sort of back ground processes are soaking up all your processing power.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

That's too low for that hardware, something is up, you should be getting some 200-300 FPS out of battle.

You can try posting screen shots of your settings and use some hardware monitoring tools to see what's up, right now my best guess is some sort of back ground processes are soaking up all your processing power.

Many people started having problems when they changed directX and it started to lag a lot

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

But any normal commoner would set fps limit to 60 in the settings and not torture the hardware.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

Many people started having problems when they changed directX and it started to lag a lot

You can either post more details for the forumnites to help you out, or you can leave it as is.

You should be getting x4 the performance, leave it on the table if you like.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

Processor: AMD 5600 3.7GHz.

32Gb Ram

Video: Nvidia 3600 12Gb

SSD Patriot 500Gb

That is not a "strong computer" This setup is close to mine just a bit lower, this should be more than enough to run 1080p high settings and still get 40 fps in large crowds even if u don't tone down the population

This is my current settings and the frames I am getting while inside Lion's Arch, I locked it to 75 FPS so it won't consume a lot of electricity, not a shooting game anyway.
https://imgur.com/a/0DMLk6s