2024 Housing / Handiworker / Homesteading Feedback and suggestions (Spoilers?)

Firstly, I apologize to @Rubi Bayer.8493 and the rest of moderators for creating another thread, like many other players. And it would be surely necessary to created a merged thread regarding Homestead feedback, seeing how many threads are present now on the forum.

For a matter of clarity, I will divide my post in two. This first part is specifically about current iteration of the housing system aka Homestead, associated functionalities, what I see currently as pros and cons regarding this feature. The second part of this post, separated from this comment, will include ALL my suggestions regarding Decorations/Housing.

---------

1 - The homestead system

Offering the possibility to player to access to their own little pocket dimension by summoning a door and using it. The realm offer one main house to be decorated, a farm, a crafting station, a mill and to finish, a mine. Collected cats, resources nodes, collectable chests. Instead of Scribing, Handiworker is used, the recipes are unlocked through an Npc in the instance, or through renown hearts of the two new expansion maps. To craft decorations, goodbye furnishing kits, the three main components used are refined woods, plants and ores along some common mats.

Decorations can be placed, shrink, expand, rotate... and are stored in a tab like guild hall decorations. Some can be interacted with like Crystal light or some type of tables. The homestead also feature a stable where are stationed your mounts, with their skins currently in use.

---------

2 - Pros of the system

• The refined wood, plant and ore aren't really hard to obtain, you can farm any common resources nodes and then convert it into refined versions in Homestead.
  • Decorations size can be changed, which can be useful for aesthetic but also filling more space, sparing some decorations on the way.
  • Resources nodes, collected cats and mounts are here which is quite useful if not wanting to go to home instance.
  • Lowland decorations which had some fresh air since they are all new.
  • Having guild arena obstacles decos is usefull to make some training ground.

---------

3 - Cons of the system

• Instance is very huge, and so, very empty, with currently no mastery line upgrade adding big additions inside it: No crafting stations? No services like trading post?
  • Mechanist Ninn is useless. When the npc asked me for archemeter some asuran gate related gizmo, I expected him to build an asuran gate for me! Not useless incursion device!
  • Lack of racial decorations diversity. Still no Asuran decoration, no Sylvari decorations... not a lot of Charr decoration, nothing for Norns...
  • Lack of activities. No jumping puzzle, no possibility to make a custom race parkour or some other fun minigame... golem chess or whatever.
  • The main home appearance is enforced. Bear kodan home. Technically wouldn't an issue if we had houses decorations to place elsewhere, but we haven't.

----------

There are surely some bugs or issues needing fixes, but for this, I let players report them through ingame report bug button or on forum through threads.

• Confused 1

This second part is about all the comments and suggestions I made about the Housing system, it can be a lot for your eyes, so take your time to scroll down.

/!\ The 5 following posts, including this one, are part of this second part showing all my works and ideas about the Housing/decoration system.

Sharing with you all those screenshots allow me to spare time writing it all down, since, I already said it all. So enjoy scrolling and reading through all of those.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player housing suggested location 2018.png

suggest decos 2018 2019.png

Edited by hugo.4705
infos
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

Instance is very huge, and so, very empty, with currently no mastery line upgrade adding big additions inside it: No crafting stations? No services like trading post?

You don't need to fill every bit of land with stuff, and the home instance certainly isn't a replacement for VIP lounges that offer crafting and trading post services.

22 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

Lack of activities. No jumping puzzle, no possibility to make a custom race parkour or some other fun minigame... golem chess or whatever.

It's suppose to be your house, where you move some furniture around, not a theme park, and why would you even want a jumping puzzle in there when Anet already removed them from the daily and weekly, and even when they were there easy 90% of people would just ask for a portal or cheese them with mounts. With that said nobody is stopping you from making your own jumping puzzles and race tracks, before JW came out there were no shortage of people demanding the instance limit to be lifted to 50 so they could have beetle races.

Edited by Dean Calaway.9718
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1