Balance seems pretty good right now

Newholiday.8103

21 hours ago, Bach From The Brink.2715 said:

The issue isn't balance anymore, it's the fact this game mode no longer has the player base to make matches balanced. If you get into plat it becomes noticeable. 

At least on NA, think this is a slightly outdated take.  Once you get into mid-g2 it becomes noticeable, as the matchmaker is only matching with basically the Top 300. 

From my experience, I'm sitting at ~60% winrate with ~75 games played atm, and around 1350 and every 'normal' game is an utter sweatfest.  I've lost the last three, but by ~10/20 pts each.  Then you throw in the obvious shenanigans, I win one or two, the next game get a d/c right at start of match and a thief that is desynch exploiting so as not to die, game after that, clear plats vs. silvers a blowout, 50-500.  

There's no way to even go a 10-game time period without insane fluctuations in both game quality and player behavior.  

54 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

My issue is the effort and risk of playing those "great" or even meta specs

I have the same issue - but its not a balance issue. Its a game design issue. Holiday is right. You guys agree. What you want is for the game to be like it used to be. This combat used to be so layered it was crazy. I said this in a previous post - but the development team that was respomaible for creating that feeling you miss (so do I brother) is LONG gone. It will literally never be like that again. This new dev team changed the core philosophies  of the game itself with the new e-specs. This game is MMO Overwatch now. They changed this game from Chess to Checkers literally. So while I agree with you whole heartely because I share the sentiment you have - I also realize thats its the intention of this dev team to move away from that type of game design. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Newholiday.8103 said:

But from what I've seen, the WB also dies pretty often when they try that.

I have seen recently WB's in G2-3 who needed an explanation where Svanir spawns, and didn't knew that downed people rally off of kills, or that they shouldn't facetank two Arc Dividers.

In fact willbenders generally take so long to learn that Aegis doesn't help agains unblockable attacks, that i managed to climb to G3 on a f***ing GS signet berserker, by exploiting that vulnerability of theirs, desipte getting justifiably meme'd on by every thief, every herald and every mesmer on my way there. 

WB is so overtuned that it became an accesibility feature more than an elite spec.

Edited by Captain Crapface.7528
I spotted a typo and I fixed it
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

I have the same issue - but its not a balance issue. Its a game design issue. Holiday is right. You guys agree. What you want is for the game to be like it used to be. This combat used to be so layered it was crazy. I said this in a previous post - but the development team that was respomaible for creating that feeling you miss (so do I brother) is LONG gone. It will literally never be like that again. This new dev team changed the core philosophies  of the game itself with the new e-specs. This game is MMO Overwatch now. They changed this game from Chess to Checkers literally. So while I agree with you whole heartely because I share the sentiment you have - I also realize thats its the intention of this dev team to move away from that type of game design. 

Imagine if they gave everybody 5 dodges instead, and reducded the amount of durational blocks-invulns, boon spam etc. If you learn the game, you dodge the right things and the fight is yours, they really messed up on not leaning into the dodge system more, and going for boon/durational block-immune spam instead. But here it is, the participation trophy meta.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Thanks 1

ya nothing is insanely broken, still sad they went from we didn't manage to nerf it last time, last kill it now with spb, same as they did with signet cata.

I still get a bit annoyed with willy high burst or chrono having apparently no cds, but you can call those broken, they're slightly above the other meta classes.