One does not simply use Apple Maps to walk into Mordor

I have not done homestead  much yet but am looking to recreate much of this there.  Time wise they would be about the same.  Resource wise, overall, the homestead is significantly cheaper, of course.  However, one reason I chose the GH was that I had almost all the pieces already so for me the GH was probably cheaper.

Most of the primary pieces exist in the homestead; ominous walls, infernal facade, gargoyles and cauldrons.

Many of the minor pieces do not exist but could easily be replaced such as the pieces for the door.

The one major problem would be finding something for the horns that anchor the eye.  The branded spires are not in the homestead and I don't know what to suggest to replace them.  On the other hand, although Jackson's vision of Barad-dur is the most popular one, earlier renditions, including Tolkein's own, did not show the eye.  Tolkein's version was just a massive fortress with many layers.  So maybe breaking away from current tradition and getting creative?

The other issue might be height.  My tower reaches from the floor of the upper level of Gilded Hollow to just short of the invisible "roof" beyond which decorating is not allowed.  I don't know how much height is allowed in the homestead.

Also, I used a hexagonal shape for mine but a I think a square or rectangle would be just as good and much easier.  Many artistic images of Barad-Dur are very tall four sided towers

Edited by Mattahood.9423