Are special characters not allowed in names anymore?

Safe to say that Anet will not hear out my request. My official response was received today:

"Your request for a character name change has been denied. Please be more mindful in creating a character name. Further violations of our naming policy will report in account actions."

Quite disappointed by the shallow response, I gave an in-depth explanation and request for more information in my ticket.. So it can only be deducted that clearly they do find the name offensive - it only took 5 years for them to decide it wasn't allowed.

I'm sorry, OP, that you didn't get the result you hoped for. (Regardless of my personal opinion about the name choice, it's got to be very frustrating to be forced to change names.)

@"Helterskelter.8490" said:Safe to say that Anet will not hear out my request. My official response was received today:They apparently heard it and don't agree.

"Your request for a character name change has been denied. Please be more mindful in creating a character name. Further violations of our naming policy will report in account actions."Quite disappointed by the shallow response, I gave an in-depth explanation and request for more information in my ticket..They usually don't give much more other than the generic, although I'm not entirely sure why when it comes to character names ... other than a concern that people will try to "internet lawyer" exceptions and they don't want the headache (not what the OP is doing, just saying in general).

So it can only be deducted that clearly they do find the name offensive -Yeah, apparently... although, it's a little curious that your account name remains the same.

it only took 5 years for them to decide it wasn't allowed.They only review names that pass by the name filter if someone reports it. Apparently no one did before this month.

Archived