Defiant Stance

Shinja.3451

You can leave the casting time of Defiant Stance at none and without animation as it should be and stop nerfing the class by brainless whiny kids who don't know when to stop attacking, the stances needed an improvement not a nerf that makes them more clumsy to use, it's totally unpleasant that every time I want to remember how much fun I had playing GW2 it gets ruined by how stupid they are at balancing the game, thanks...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Defiant Stance is one of the strongest heals in the game since its a 3s invulnerability in PvP.

There is no good way to balance it and people not complaining.

I personally dont like it existing since invulnerability in this game is disgustingly strong.

A good way to balance this would be for it to stop capping and making it a channel that you cant act through, but there is no way to make fighting against it feel fair since its just a "Time-out!" button.

57 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Defiant Stance is one of the strongest heals in the game since its a 3s invulnerability in PvP

Strongest healing in the game? It heals 1,853 and is the strongest in the game... let's ignore that even the thief's healing with his invisibility is also a timeout if he wants among other types of healing.

57 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

There is no good way to balance it and people not complaining.

I personally dont like it existing since invulnerability in this game is disgustingly strong.

There is no good way to balance it and people not complaining, and you proceed to say you don't like that it exists... do you have your answer now?

58 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

A good way to balance this would be for it to stop capping and making it a channel that you cant act through, but there is no way to make fighting against it feel fair since its just a "Time-out!" button.

The game is full of those buttons and you want to take them away from the warrior, because at the same time they take the dodge out of the game following that stupid logic and also the healing that lengthens the combats... As if it wasn't full of unfair fights thanks to the balance garbage.

Maybe the balance of the game and its community went to kitten because of these types of comments, you already took away the little desire to play that I had, enjoy the garbage balance they helped make.

3 minutes ago, Shinja.3451 said:

Strongest healing in the game? It heals 1,853 and is the strongest in the game... let's ignore that even the thief's healing with his invisibility is also a timeout if he wants among other types of healing.

My brother in Grenth, a random crit heals you for 6k when you have this active. The power of the skill isnt in how much it heals right off the bat, its the potential healing you can get.

Three random crits and you can get 10+k healing, and in the middle of a teamfight where AoE:s are running wild its easy to get a full heal.

5 minutes ago, Shinja.3451 said:

There is no good way to balance it and people not complaining, and you proceed to say you don't like that it exists... do you have your answer now?

There isnt a good way to balance it because you have to rely on your average PvP player to not unload on you while the skill is up.

People also complain because invulnerability takes player agency away from the game. It removes the ability to actually interact with that person for 3 seconds.

Its terrible game design and is a crutch for terrible players to abuse.

1 hour ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

7 minutes ago, Shinja.3451 said:

The game is full of those buttons and you want to take them away from the warrior, because at the same time they take the dodge out of the game following that stupid logic and also the healing that lengthens the combats... As if it wasn't full of unfair fights thanks to the balance garbage.

I want to take all invulnerability out of the game. So it would be incredibly hypocritical of me to not want to take the invulnerability aspect of the skill out as well.

It doesn't matter if other professions have this capability as well, I can only hold the Warrior professions to account since that all I enjoy playing. Its up to other profession mains to call their professions bad aspects out (looking at the guard mains on this one).

10 minutes ago, Shinja.3451 said:

Maybe the balance of the game and its community went to kitten because of these types of comments, you already took away the little desire to play that I had, enjoy the garbage balance they helped make.

Careful now, I want Warrior to be great as well. Its why I have a thread dedicated to improvements that Warrior as a profession needs to get better. 

But at the same time, you have to call out things that ain't healthy for the game in general.

You always gotta ask yourself, "Would this feel like cheap kitten to fight if I was on the receiving end?".

I've fought plenty of Warriors in my days, and this healing skill feels pretty cheap to fight against. Not because it heals a lot, it really des not if you arent braindead. It feels cheap because it removes my ability to actually interact with that person for 3 seconds.

It takes my hands off the controls and tells me to come back in 3 seconds. Its the same reason getting stunned for 3 seconds isnt fun, but at least I can stunbreak.

The issue is that Defiant Stance is very poor heal option in fights where enemy can control their damage output. You see the healing buff/effect on the enemy, you stop attacking. Ez pz. Something something skillful gameplay. But when enemies mindlessly spam their kitten, they are like surprised pikachu face when warrior is back from 5% to 100%. And then they complain "omg I cant just spam my skills on this warrior and they wont die easily".

Defiant Stance was not problematic in any way except that it just happened that Defense Spellbreaker was using it in PvP. And instead of addressing the root of the issue, they treated symptoms by overnerfing staff, spear, etc that Defense Spellbreaker in PvP was too good with. Everything that this build was using was nerfed. Instead of... you know, changing one single thing that would significantly impacted this specific build performance. Some nerfs were understandable, like damage/healing nerfs (even tho exact values could be argued about). But utility nerfs were just spit in the face. Classic.

The cast time increase on Defiant Stance is undeniably the least deserved nerf in a very long time. They should have nerfed the duration in one gamemode if it is too strong there. Not in a kittening whole game on all builds... god, this balance team is so dumb...

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Thanks 1