You give us new toys but then break them

Lonecap.4105

Bladesworn, staff, spear… all gutted. These have been our most recent additions. Weapon mastery didn’t bring anything new either, dagger primal burst is bad (it should have an evade), torch is awful, pistol is painfully mediocre and also melee range. 

You could give spear f1 the evade back, but make it scale with adrenaline level (1/4  for t1, and then 1/2 and 3/4 for t2 and t3). Return 15% of the damage back to spear 4. Maybe give bladesworn a 1/4 second daze baseline on dragon trigger bursts. Staff F1 core and primal bursts are both terrible now too and could use some buffs.

Hopefully next patch we can actually play some of the new content we got.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What warrior needs is very simple. New balance team. Do you trust current balance team? I surely don't. They completely annihilated any trust left with the recent shortsighted nerfs that were mistargeted and inadequate (relative to what else is currently in the game that is not being addressed for ages). Their actions spoke clearly. Their balancing transparency is non-existent. After the shitstorm with bad banner rework few years ago, remember that redemption arc with blog posts? Worthless pile of crap. Who cares anyway, just reroll or take a break from the game and forget, right?

When it comes to spear, I suspect (but it's just my conspiracy) that the spear in the current form has been their desired state from the start. They added a lot of good utility and damage (with nerfing it later already in mind) to it so they can somehow compensate for the lack of its visual spectacle compared to other professions (since that's what people have been complaining about a lot and devs didn't improve on it that much, if at all). I wonder how would people feel about warrior spear if it was released as it is now, after nerfs, in PvP/WvW.

In any case, I came to the conclusion that the best thing that can happen to warrior is that current balance team will get replaced (with someone competent and unbiased).  🤷‍♂️

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1