Game wont start

EKAN.4051

What else do you run for gaming? Anything like OSD's, Reshade, DPS meters, etc. When the game crashes and the crash dialogue box opens up, click on details and check the DLLlist. Look for anything that the game calls, that isn't tied to the Windows system files, that might interfere with it starting up and disable it. That's how I figured out it was the RivaTuner for me.

@alright.5170 said:Hello there, This issue is still a problem for me. Reinstalled the game after deleting riva tuner and the game is still stuck on ''Play''. nothing happens when I click on it. any help will be very welcomed

For me everthing solved after I removed the windows update (umulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4054517) Of corfuse this morning I got same update again, but this time its all working with GW2, no crash when I hit start.

@"CraishyBoB.7803" said:I see this was one of the alleged fixes in the update I wonder if this is causing the game not to launch?

"2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4054517)

• Addresses issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode."

Is this anything like your average Anti Virus software where you have to add the game to a trusted list? I'm not a computer guru but wonder is there is a list for the Windows Defender that we can put GW2 on to allow it to launch?

For me it was, as soon I removed that update GW2 didnt crash, I tried on my bro comp aswell, crash, but when removed it all was fine, so that update cause the crash together with GW2. Atlseast for me.

• 4 weeks later...

@Kanok.3027 said:What else do you run for gaming? Anything like OSD's, Reshade, DPS meters, etc. When the game crashes and the crash dialogue box opens up, click on details and check the DLLlist. Look for anything that the game calls, that isn't tied to the Windows system files, that might interfere with it starting up and disable it. That's how I figured out it was the RivaTuner for me.

I have just started getting this error this week, I hit play and nothing happens (don't even get an error message). I do run Reshade so do you reckon it could be to do with that? It is odd that has only just started happening for me, it was working last week no problem.

Archived