Game wont start

EKAN.4051

Based on what I'm seeing from details, d3d9.dll is the culprit, or rather that's where it crashes. I restarted my PC to see if maybe that was all it needed. Got to the character select screen, tried to go on my Mirage and crashed. Restarted the launcher and crashed upon pressing play again. It's just not working.

@"Kanok.3027" said:Based on what I'm seeing from details, d3d9.dll is the culprit, or rather that's where it crashes. I restarted my PC to see if maybe that was all it needed. Got to the character select screen, tried to go on my Mirage and crashed. Restarted the launcher and crashed upon pressing play again. It's just not working.

Ya, tried to restart aswell, and still not working, crashes as soon I hit start.....not sure what to do......Maybe try "remove" those updates. And btw, its just GW2 that crashes, tried other games and had no problem. So must be windows update and related to GW2 some how.

@CraishyBoB.7803 said:I also went into my GeForce Experience and did a scan for games to optimize. All other games are being found and updated with the optimizer except GW2....

my rigGeForce GTX 1050 TiDriver version 388.13AMD FX -4300 Quad8 GB Ramrunning 1280x 800, 30Hz

I had two issues, corsair link 4 and gw2 after I did a DxDiag. But I dont have issues with other games cept GW2 so something must be related to this game and that new update. Srry some in swedish.

Analyssymbol:Kontrollerar lösning igen: 0Rapport-ID: ca727312-69db-4729-b809-d358e1cb4bdfRapportstatus: 100Hash-bucket:+++ WER8 +++:Fel-bucket , typ 0Händelsenamn: APPCRASHSvar: Inte tillgängligKabinett-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:P1: Gw2-64.exeP2: 1.0.0.1P3: 5a30a567P4: ntdll.dllP5: 10.0.16299.64P6: 493793eaP7: c0000005P8: 000000000004be4bP9:P10:

Bifogade filer:\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5C40.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Filerna kan vara tillgängligahär:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Gw2-64.exe_57eb4febea5e69ccad3d5efb68e9961fa27349_03ec97a1_0cb95422

I see this was one of the alleged fixes in the update I wonder if this is causing the game not to launch?

"2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4054517)

• Addresses issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode."

Is this anything like your average Anti Virus software where you have to add the game to a trusted list? I'm not a computer guru but wonder is there is a list for the Windows Defender that we can put GW2 on to allow it to launch?

@"CraishyBoB.7803" said:I see this was one of the alleged fixes in the update I wonder if this is causing the game not to launch?

"2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4054517)

• Addresses issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode."

Is this anything like your average Anti Virus software where you have to add the game to a trusted list? I'm not a computer guru but wonder is there is a list for the Windows Defender that we can put GW2 on to allow it to launch?

yes there isDouble click the shield in the notification tray,Click App & browser controlAt the bottom under Exploit Protection, click exploit protection settingsNear the top choose Program Settings

I'll let you take it from here if you want to exclude an application from any of the checks

This sort of thing keeps happening to me... I got this:"The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com.OKBuild: 84934Error Code: 42:0:9001:4402"It just crashed suddenly while I was playing today and from then on said this...

@"Chorne.8195" said:This sort of thing keeps happening to me... I got this:"The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com.OKBuild: 84934Error Code: 42:0:9001:4402"It just crashed suddenly while I was playing today and from then on said this...

The Devs are aware of the connectivity issues and are investigating per Tweets, and posts both here on the forum and on Reddit.

@Kanok.3027 said:Oh, right. I forgot to mention. It's fixed for me. Seems the latest update to RTSS (RivaTuner OSD) was the culprit. I disabled it, game worked. Uninstalled it since I no longer use it anyway. If you have that installed, disable it and try again.

Thank you so much for this. I use MSI Afterburner, which uses RTSS for it's metrics. Disabled that and GW2 started working again. Appreciate the advice!

Archived