Cut back AoE skills.

masskillerxploit.2165

Or maybe they should stop showering classes with AoEs (especially overloaded and on short CDs). In any game i played that had semi balance, AoE had long CDs and they were rare. In GW2 almost every attack is AoE. Just fire away and forget. Targeting and positioning became irrelevant. Probably because average Joe is mouse clicker and Anet balances classes for them now. I mean you can even set up your options that you don't even need to click on the ground anymore - the game lands aoe for your at location of your target. Couldn't be lazier.

@"Cynz.9437" said:Or maybe they should stop showering classes with AoEs (especially overloaded and on short CDs). In any game i played that had semi balance, AoE had long CDs and they were rare. In GW2 almost every attack is AoE. Just fire away and forget. Targeting and positioning became irrelevant. Probably because average Joe is mouse clicker and Anet balances classes for them now. I mean you can even set up your options that you don't even need to click on the ground anymore - the game lands aoe for your at location of your target. Couldn't be lazier.

Not only do targeting and positioning not matter, but Stealth , dodges and even blocks are very often irrelevant when responding to the AOE stuff. This strikes at the heart of "active gameplay" which the game was sold on and which helped to differentiate the combat in GW2 from other games.

Outside range the stuff that can best deal with this AOE is very often the passives which have been added which again promote that lazy gameplay.

Archived