[Gaile Please...] Quoting issue #2, full breakdown.

I made this thread about a quoting issue, I have actually figured out what the bug is.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1588/forum-issue-quoting-someone-doesnt-tag-them-due-to-xxxx-at-the-end#latest

Issue(s) present:

• When quoting someone with NO spaces in their name, it stops before the full stop so it appears like so: @Dakotacoty.5721.
    • If you click someone with a misquoted name, it directs you to a profile that doesn't exist.
  • When quoting someone WITH SPACES, it quotes them like so: @"DakotaCoty.5721" <- Notice the " " it includes the entire name, and actually tags them.

Essentially, anyone who doesn't have spaces in their names, will not be tagged in things because it will bug and stop before the fullstop where their account number starts.

I'll post literal examples below.

Quote 1:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:Hi everyone reading this...

When you quote someone, you can't quick click their profile or give them a notification because it cancels out the quote after their name ends.

For example the quote links their name like so: @DakotaCoty.5721, whereas,If you tag someone it puts " around their name example: @"DakotaCoty.5721"

Thanks.

Links:https://gyazo.com/3e2c7a8cb3d452494599b27582478b9c (Error with User due to quoting problem)

Note: I have no space in my name, meaning no quotation marks appear around my name, it gets bugged and stops at my number - meaning I do not get tagged or quoted correctly

Quote 2:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:The next day!? That is bizarre! And that makes me think it was a bug, not an error.

Thanks for the details; that will help us review this situation.

Note: Gaile has a space in her name, thus, gets correctly quoted and notified

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:I made this thread about a quoting issue, I have actually figured out what the bug is.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1588/forum-issue-quoting-someone-doesnt-tag-them-due-to-xxxx-at-the-end#latest

Issue(s) present:

• When quoting someone with NO spaces in their name, it stops before the full stop so it appears like so: @Dakotacoty.5721.
    • If you click someone with a misquoted name, it directs you to a profile that doesn't exist.
  • When quoting someone WITH SPACES, it quotes them like so: @"DakotaCoty.5721" <- Notice the " " it includes the entire name, and actually tags them.

Essentially, anyone who doesn't have spaces in their names, will not be tagged in things because it will bug and stop before the fullstop where their account number starts.

I'll post literal examples below.

Quote 1:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:Hi everyone reading this...

When you quote someone, you can't quick click their profile or give them a notification because it cancels out the quote after their name ends.

For example the quote links their name like so: @DakotaCoty.5721, whereas,If you tag someone it puts " around their name example: @"DakotaCoty.5721"

Thanks.

Links:
(Error with User due to quoting problem)

Note: I have no space in my name, meaning no quotation marks appear around my name, it gets bugged and stops at my number - meaning I do not get tagged or quoted correctly

Quote 2:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:The next day!? That is bizarre! And that makes me think it was a bug, not an error.

Thanks for the details; that will help us review this situation.

Note: Gaile has a space in her name, thus, gets correctly quoted and notified

Bumping, quote isn't working still - meaning I don't know when people quote me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 It has been nearly a month since I tagged you in the last post, I still cannot receive quote notifications because the problem persists, I cannot physically know when someone is replying to me in a feedback thread or when someone is trying to talk to me on a normal thread.

Can we please see this fix tracked up? It's getting tiresome to scroll through 5 pages just to see if someone even bothered to comment back to something I said.

Archived