Camera whilst swimming on water's surface.

I have noticed a slight bug when swimming on the surface of the water, it mostly occurs on Asuras due to their size.If you are not directly at the surface of the water, the camera decides to position itself under the water's surface as if my character was further in the water than it actually is. To get a proper surface position/view, it requires you to be still and jump up so you are at the highest level of the water. This is only a problem that I became aware of quite recently, but I recall that there used to be no trouble with this for me on an Asura, let alone any character at all. On occasion it even occurs on my humans and sylvari due to the fact they are all the shortest of the race. The camera seems to forget how to centre properly on the character when on the water's surface, particularly if they are smaller.

For reference, all my Sylvari, Human and Asura are female and the shortest of their respective races.Not sure what's going on with it, but thought I would give it a mention. It's not the worst issue, it is possible to just work around it but it's just generally annoying.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I am having the opposite issue: I want the camera to remain underwater, but it self-adjusts to above the surface. Either way, it's pretty annoying, but hasn't been addressed in five years.

This problem I am having is only fairly recent. I often swim on the surface of the water and I had no problem a few months ago but now it has become very prominent.I have never experienced the camera readjusting to the surface on its own unless I was actually swimming along the surface, which is now what is broken for me. It basically does not readjust to the surface properly when swimming along it.

This is a recent problem for me as well. It also does this when my Asuran is standing in a shallow pool of water, the camera shifts far above her head to the point that I can barely see my character at all. I've also noticed that when wearing an outfit on my Asura now, invisibility buffs show incorrectly, the invisible layer boxes are showing, distorting my character, when the outfit is toggled off it returns to normal.

Archived