Returning Player Looking for advice on what to boost

Xarbokk.3195

honestly in pve it does not matter any more at all it is pve . but will say given you said you have a 80 lvl ranger why not save the booster for maybe a more better time when you done some leveling up of other toons . giving you a more better idea of if or if not you want to use the booster at all .

but should you just want to use the booster ele or Mesmer or war is good or engi is good as well too in pve maps .

IMO the best choice is a profession you'll want to use at level 80 but don't enjoy at low levels. But that will be different for everyone.

I picked warrior because I find it useful but boring, so I'd probably never get to level 80 naturally. But other people love warriors and would completely disagree.

I'd suggest saving it for now and experimenting with different professions to see which you want to use. But also don't worry about it too much because you'll get Tomes of Knowledge, and birthday XP scrolls which can be used to level characters instantly too.

My advice would be to pick something you enjoy playing rather than getting fixated on what is "good". Why? Because let's say you made a Mesmer even though you hate the class, but picked it because they are strong in PvE. Then 2 weeks down the road Mesmers get nerfed into the ground making them useless in PvE. Now you have a character that you neither like playing nor is useful in PvE. It is a complete and total waste of time. Now, onto the level 80 booster. A couple of things you should know about using it is that the character you boost to 80 will be automatically teleported to the Silverwastes, allowing you to test the class out before making your final decision to use the boost on that character. You cannot leave the Silverwastes until you commit to using the boodter. The level 80 boost also doesn't unlock any elite specializations for that character meaning you'll still have to farm hero points before you can make proper use of the class.

@"Wandering Mist.2973" said:My advice would be to pick something you enjoy playing rather than getting fixated on what is "good". Why? Because let's say you made a Mesmer even though you hate the class, but picked it because they are strong in PvE. Then 2 weeks down the road Mesmers get nerfed into the ground making them useless in PvE. Now you have a character that you neither like playing nor is useful in PvE. It is a complete and total waste of time. Now, onto the level 80 booster. A couple of things you should know about using it is that the character you boost to 80 will be automatically teleported to the Silverwastes, allowing you to test the class out before making your final decision to use the boost on that character. You cannot leave the Silverwastes until you commit to using the boodter. The level 80 boost also doesn't unlock any elite specializations for that character meaning you'll still have to farm hero points before you can make proper use of the class.

I have to upvote this exact thought; couldn't have said it any better.

To add, if you are to boost a said class because the meta says it's "good" but you don't enjoy playing it, makes for a very lacking experience for what this game can offer. This idea is kind of out there, but I had some newer/returning players join the guild I am in, and actually level a character 1-80 as normal, then later on boosted another class; to at least go through the beginner's experience!

Nonetheless, play what you believe you may enjoy, and have a blast in the game! Best of luck. :)

Archived