Power reaper

sokeenoppa.5384

@Umadusa.5874 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Staff has not stood up to two expansions worth of power creep

It's the other way around. The power creep had to keep up with staff because it was so much better than everything else to begin with. :P

and is a relic at this point. GS is a better pick.

I've watched some of your recent youtube videos. And in literally every single fight you have it's painfully obvious to me how much better you'd perform if you had a staff instead of a greatsword.I'm aware that I won't convince you anymore at this point, but anyone else who reads this: GS isn't even close to being a decent alternative.

@Umadusa.5874 said:Try this!

Crazy damage, toughness and moderate healing. You never die and kill everything with ease. Plus they can't get away from you :) It's a literal "Dark Knight" tank build. I love it!

Also, you can swap out Soul Eater for Chilling Victory if u want to use other weapon than GS. Plus it'll proc Blighter's Boon more often :) And if you REALLY wanna be invincible, replace Sigil of Ice with Sigil of Restoration. Every death recharges you >:)

Only in wvw. As for sigil of ice, hydromancy is better.

I rarely swap weapons, so it's not. Depends on your playstyle.

Actually it is. This proves you dont understand everything about necro. Because its well known that hydromancy procs when you swap in, and out, of shroud. So changing weapons is irrelavent.

It's not about play style, its about chill uptime. I wish people would stop making vapid comments like this when not all things are equal.

One sigil is vastly superior to the other. Also, hydromancy has an actual attack that does damage when it procs, has a chance to crit, and benefits from things such as vampiric aura, cold shoulder, chilling victory, wolf stance from soulbeast etc.

So are you gonna start telling me you dont swap into or out of shroud now?

2 secs every 10 sec, vs 2 second every 9 second+extra hit+damage. One is clearly better than the other. Even sigil of chilling is better uptime than sigil of ice.

WOW!! You're really serious about this! Someone needs to get a life...outside of Tyria.It's not that crucial.

So... someone points out an obvious flaw in your argumentation and you accuse them of having no life? Nice.

Nice red herring. I was responding to the absurdity of his seething, contemptuous tone over such a frivolous topic. It was very juvenile and indicative of someone that takes this game too seriously. In that context, yes, my response is completely appropriate.

I'll let either you or him have the last word. I'm sure you need it. :)

Or its called you just being wrong. Whats juvenile is not being able to admit that and instead attacking the character of the person criticizing you. Also known as ad homenem.

It doesn't matter how serious i was, or was not. Thats irrelevant to the discussion and only a dunce who can't respond properly thinks that is a reasonable response.

For the record, I don't have to be serious to write something that i already knew off the top of my head. You are simply mad I pointed it out.

Git gud scrub.

This is what I use in PvP on my power Reaper. Wells are your friend, the quickness on the GS swap allows you to execute the needed GS skill quickly and the intelligence makes sure it hits harder. Shroud is an offensive tool, not defensive so treat it as such.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kjGocTsnGwmGgeTsgLYTZhmQVAaAEAaBxVxtYYE-jpBHQBM8BAAgjAw9KDIuDBQ72fggnAAA

@FrostDraco.8306 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:Shroud is an offensive tool, not defensive so treat it as such.

In the words of the Donald. WRONG!

Shroud is both. Its actually a damage loss to camp shroud, even after the buffs.

Maybe I phrased it wrong. What I meant was that shroud is no longer the camp defence it once was. Certainly it helps a lot with bursts but my point was that it is now more offensively capable than before while less defensively capable.

Regarding damage in shroud. I disagree, I find that my dps, according to ARCDPS, climbs faster in shroud than outside shroud . Maybe fractionally, but still. Shroud is no longer a dps loss to camp. Though one shouldn't be camping anything, you need to play in reaction to what is happening.

Archived