Amazon Web Services is ruining the game for Over Seas players.

Vegeta.2653

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Streaming anything is also a poor canary. :)There is a reason I used the term "seemed". He just took it as normal and all was fine. Me, I would have realized something was wrong real quick. Many of his friends offered to help figure it out, but he never took any of us up on the offer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"ham.8209" said:just a idea to maybe help some of you people out with your lag problems over seas and in the EU and Na sides too. the best way to fix this problem is get your self CATE6 Ethernet cable . if you not got it already and then to top it off put your fire walls to super high and block all unneeded ports threw your windows fire wall settings

here is the amazon link to buy the CATE6 cable

hope that helps you all out to enjoy the game more better good luck :3

Changing the type of ethernet cable from a cat 5e (the standard) to a cat 6 (you use to connect to your router will do very little to reduce lag if it is not your bottleneck. The majority of people having spontaneous lag issues are having them because the path to the game servers, which is outside of their internal network, has deteriorated in some way.

If you were playing fine before, and now suddenly lag, changing the cable closest to you won't do much, if anything.

your very wrong on them ideas fully as well as the fact (router) i did not even talk about or say at all !! at the time of posting that as well before really doing some more looking before i found this !!

but then i am sure you will just only have the misguided ideas on CATE 7 cable as well too https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDT44G/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_bAqaqOZ_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=ZSKRAM0P0JVVJJN1SXFG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=cda5afa6-ee64-5002-b282-ddfc6faf6a03&pf_rd_i=9938479011

from amazons own siteCat7 Ethernet Cable, 50 FT High Speed 10 Gigabit Shielded Flat Network Wire with Gold-Plated RJ45 Connectors and Cord Clips for Computer Switch, Hub, PC, IP Cameras, Modem, Router - 15 Meters Black

i am very sure you say the same thing too about that as well

@ham.8209 said:

@ham.8209 said:just a idea to maybe help some of you people out with your lag problems over seas and in the EU and Na sides too. the best way to fix this problem is get your self CATE6 Ethernet cable . if you not got it already and then to top it off put your fire walls to super high and block all unneeded ports threw your windows fire wall settings

Changing the type of ethernet cable from a cat 5e (the standard) to a cat 6 (you use to connect to your router will do very little to reduce lag if it is not your bottleneck. The majority of people having spontaneous lag issues are having them because the path to the game servers, which is outside of their internal network, has deteriorated in some way.

If you were playing fine before, and now suddenly lag, changing the cable closest to you won't do much, if anything.

your very wrong on them ideas fully as well as the fact (router) i did not even talk about or say at all !! at the time of posting that as well before really doing some more looking before i found this !!

but then i am sure you will just only have the misguided ideas on CATE 7 cable as well too

from amazons own siteCat7 Ethernet Cable, 50 FT High Speed 10 Gigabit Shielded Flat Network Wire with Gold-Plated RJ45 Connectors and Cord Clips for Computer Switch, Hub, PC, IP Cameras, Modem, Router - 15 Meters Black

I'm not sure what your link is supposed to clarify. Your original suggestion was to buy a cat6 cable, given that cat6 is over 10 years old it's likely he already has that. Even if he doesn't, if his router doesn't support 10g it will do no good. And if his router does support 10g, if his internet connection isn't 10g it will do not good. And even if his internet connection is 10g, he'll never actually achieve that speed because internet connections are a bandwidth spec, not speed. But really, the issue is latency not speed or bandwidth... unless you're on dial-up :)

@ham.8209 said:

@ham.8209 said:just a idea to maybe help some of you people out with your lag problems over seas and in the EU and Na sides too. the best way to fix this problem is get your self CATE6 Ethernet cable . if you not got it already and then to top it off put your fire walls to super high and block all unneeded ports threw your windows fire wall settings

but then i am sure you will just only have the misguided ideas on CATE 7 cable as well too

Changing the type of ethernet cable from a cat 6 to a cat 7 will do very little to reduce lag if it is not your bottleneck. The majority of people having spontaneous lag issues are having them because the path to the game servers, which is outside of their internal network, has deteriorated in some way.

Be careful with assuming you just have to swap out a cable to increase internet speeds. It doesn't matter how fast you peel out of your driveway at home in a car, if the highway has a traffic jam. Unless you have the road all to yourself, you're going to drive just as fast as everyone else once you're out of your driveway.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@ham.8209 said:

Changing the type of ethernet cable from a cat 6 to a cat 7 will do very little to reduce lag if it is not your bottleneck. The majority of people having spontaneous lag issues are having them because the path to the game servers, which is outside of their internal network, has deteriorated in some way.

Be careful with assuming you just have to swap out a cable to increase internet speeds. It doesn't matter how fast you peel out of your driveway at home in a car, if the highway has a traffic jam. Unless you have the road all to yourself, you're going to drive just as fast as everyone else once you're out of your driveway.

thanks for proven me right i already knew what you would say . so not even shocked by that answer at all . but will say even you must admit when it does get to your end . and you got it to burn with out bottle necks and so forth . it does make it more nicer right ???

@ham.8209 said:

thanks for proven me right i already knew what you would say . so not even shocked by that answer at all . but will say even you must admit when it does get to your end . and you got it to burn with out bottle necks and so forth . it does make it more nicer right ???

Cat6, Cat6a and Cat7 cables offer the same bandwidth at varying lengths, so no. Unless you're operating your computer in a place with a lot of EMI, there's no benefit to using a cat7 over a cat6a or cat6.

Also 10gigabit cards are very expensive and usually used for business and corporate setups, so unless you are running GW2 on an extremely extravagant rig that could power a small business, It is assumed your card transfers data at 1gb/s or even slower. Cat5 transfers data at this rate. So, in this situation, swapping your cable wouldnt help because your network card would be your bottleneck internally.

And assuming you've somehow created a network where, internally, you operate at 10g all the way through (which is needlessly expensive to do for just a single host, again 10g cards and cables are for small businesses to serve multiple hosts internally) , you are still at the mercy of your ISP and your target.

So... no. It'll make you feel really cool for having a shiny new cable connecting your PC to the wall, but that's about it. You're right about me disagreeing with your premise, but your actual presumption is wrong.

Yeah the proposal of buying Cat6 ethereal cables (order them from a local store that repairs PC) ,or even Cat5e (see pictures) really works when i play from Eu to the USA servers .

Pic 1+2+3 are Cat5 (normal-very old cables)Pic 4+5+6 are Cat5e ethereal cables with 75 feet unnecesery length

(also try to locate ''GW264.exe and right click > Properties > go in the ''General'' tab and rename it to (copy-past it) :Gw2-64 -clientport 443

https://imgur.com/a/xLhDp

Archived