Player advice on build - runes for DH

MarshallLaw.9260

Perhaps this is something already mentioned - however I cannot find the topic at this point.

I am gearing my power DH with full zerk armor/wep/trinket mostly for fractals. Using hammer build due to personal preference. Looking at metabattle - the recommended is Rune of the Scholar which I understand why - it is the optimal.My issue unfortunately is that I am not at 90%+ health for as long as I want to be and while its not an issue with survivability, I would not be benefiting from the tier 6 damage boost from scholar rune that much of the time.Can other players recommend if Rune of the Dragonhunter would be a good option if I am using just 1 trap.Also - Rune of the Flame Legion gives +7% to burning foes at tier 6 - how does this stack if using Fiery Wrath [Zeal trait].

Other rune suggestions very welcome but preferably something with power preferred.

Stick with Scholar and here’s why:

Scholar runes are still very high DPS, even without the 10% boost. If you’re not in a group/setting to keep you above 90%, the tiny extra bit of DPS that you might get from something like Strength runes won’t make much of a difference anyways. When you are in an ideal setting, you will be at your best DPS.
Also, you will generally be above 90% when fights start, which is when the extra damage often matters the most anyways as this is when your big cooldowns (such as traps) are available and also when you will want to burst down enemies. The faster you knock out an add, the less trouble you’ll have with an extended encounter.

But honestly, even if you do technically get more DPS from another rune, it’ll be so little that it’s not going to be noticeable.

Archived