Connection error(s). Retrying....

Open 107.23.20.152 in your browser. If you can see the IIS server splash page, you can access the patch server. Now use the following option to manually select this server:-assetsrv 107.23.20.152

These IPs don't seem to last long considering it's changed after only a few days. To lookup the IP yourself, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

If you can't access the web page, you simply can't connect to Amazon's servers, in which case you'll need to use a VPN.

If you can access the webpage, but GW2 can't connect, something is blocking the connection. You can try using the -log option to check if it's able to connect or not, which is saved to %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log. Either way, the problem is likely caused by software, otherwise you'll need a VPN. As a quick test, you could try running the launcher under safe mode with networking enabled, which has most non-essential software disabled. Use msconfig to enable safe mode with networking, or skip to disabling all non-Microsoft startup programs and services.

@"Jasst.7049" said:Vpn makes no difference on or of , or when i select a different country

First, if you didn't try or check, ensure that you weren't already using the -assetsrv option with an old IP or have manually overridden your DNS for assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com by opening c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad.

I'm assuming you can't access the webpage? Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter the following to get a few patch servers closer to your location:nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Sample a few of the IPs in your browser (click and drag to highlight, right click to copy). Unlike the origincdn, these IPs should show a cloudfront error page.

If you can't access any of the webpages, try a VPN. If a VPN doesn't work, are you sure you're actually tunneling through the VPN? Confirm your public IP has changed by googling what your IP is. The origincdn is in Virginia, so try selecting a VPN server in the US and using 107.23.20.152. It's unlikely that various VPN servers would have the problem, so you possibly have software blocking access to specific IPs.

If you could access the webpage however, then try the -log option to get a little more info. Either software is blocking access, or something could be manipulating the traffic, in which case the log shows the files are corrupted.

For a quick test, open an administrative command prompt (search the start menu for cmd, right click run as admin) and enter:

netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip reset

... then open msconfig (WindowsKey+R), select the boot tab and check safe boot with network under it, then OK and reboot. Remember, you'll need to uncheck safe boot to return to normal. You'll reboot into safe mode, where most non-essential software is disabled, however there are a few exception that can cause problems, like firewalls taking over your network drivers. You can try opening GW2's launcher under safe mode, but don't try to play it since you can't. If it works under safe mode, you've confirmed a software problem. If it doesn't, but you can still open the webpage, you have a problem.

@"Miskar.6723" said:That asset line worked for me. Big thanks!

Remember that the IP will eventually stop working. Since you said you cleared your DNS (ipconfig /flushdns), your default DNS provider may be slow and out of date, so to prevent this in the future, you may want to switch to using Google's DNS.

First, if you didn't try or check, ensure that you weren't already using the -assetsrv option with an old IP>

Think this might have been my issue , once i figured out what you meant i remembered it being suggested before .

I need to make a note of this info for the next time.Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. It actually started before the update, with an inability to connect to the trading post in-game.Customer support was supremely unhelpful.Now, after the update, the patcher keeps failing on "Connection error" so it really seems to me like some of their cdn servers (perhaps just asia?) are broken.

Archived