Have some questions about progressing my character(s)

I am somewhat new, I have PoF and HoTI am maining my Soulbeast with WvW as my preferred gmae mode, and I am allowing my renegade to deal with PoF progression as she has gotten the bunny WP with the help of a mesmer guildy.Plus I have a couple that I boosted that I am leisurely doing map completion with just for chuckles.

There are some holes in my knowledge of character progression I could use some help with.

1. Exotic gear is fine for nearly everything except T4 fractals, but will need ascended weapons and trinkets for all other game modes anyway.True?

2. Ascended gear is account bound.True?

3. Best practice is to max crafting skill needed to make X-ascended item.True?

4. There is a way to pass testimonies of heroics (And therefore hero points.) to alts.True?

I think that the answers to those questions will put me on a path to remain busy for quite some time :)Thank you.

1) You’ll need to get ascended sooner than T4 as several fractals have agony checks which cannot be avoided. Trinkets are incredibly easy to get with the LS3 maps but that may require you to pay to unlock them.

2) Yes.

3) You’ll need to max a profession to craft ascended. There are ways through collections, and the living story, to acquire these without crafting

4) Consume them to make them account bound in the wallet.

1) You don't need ascended weapons for PvE and WvW, but you want them because they do more damage. Quality doesn't matter at all in PvP. (Edit: You'll eventually want to get ascended jewelry as well for the same reason, and it's very easy via living story or laurels or a few other ways. Jewelry and weapons have relatively big stat gains over exotic, armor not so much.)2) Yes, you can share the gear.3) Crafting is the only surefire way to get the ascended gear weapons and armor you want, drops are rare and unreliable, but you can transmute stats in the mystic forge. If you get a rabid ascended sword, you could make it berserker.4) They go into your wallet as far as I know, but I've never needed them.

@Fluffball.8307 said:Your wallet is the same across all characters. Just go to a vendor and buy stuff. It's where stuff like your karma and gold are stored. Consume the ToHs and they go in the wallet.

I get that, but say I am on X-alt and i want to use the points.How would said alt extract the heroics from the wallet to apply to their specializations?

Archived