hello there my dearest revenant friends !

Fragon.7043

hello there !

just wanted to introduce myself to you guys, i'm an eu hardcore pve/pvp power revenant player, yeah you read it, "power" because i like to play this class under my terms, i dare to go in raids with my humble 20k dps pull with herald dps/support, i play it also in pvp, right now with some tough/challenging build (sword/sword & staff build) its actually great and with a little bit of kiting and gray cells utilization you can defeat even the most cancerous teams with it(running it in platinum rank).

i just want to say to the revenant community, don't lose hope, i'm firmly sure we'll get some love someday but not in a way that we'll be a broken class but that our skills & love & passion for the class will matter and will let us be as important as any other profession !

thank you all for your devotion with all those builds advices & fixing ideas etc..., if they do not matter for the devs in a way or another, they do for us!

p.s. i strongly believe that Glint is my spiritual mother, so i identify as a dragon, don't dare to mess with me =p.

Hi.

I was read many negative comment about revenant, but also i saw many pvp videos on youtube (after pof release) where revenants did fine. Also, if i remember right, one of the revenant is currently on 15-20 place on pvp ladder.

Isn't that means that class is actually good?

I am playing only for 2 months, and not so experienced, but this is my logical conclusion.

@SirTomato.3627 said:Hi.

I was read many negative comment about revenant, but also i saw many pvp videos on youtube (after pof release) where revenants did fine. Also, if i remember right, one of the revenant is currently on 15-20 place on pvp ladder.

Isn't that means that class is actually good?

I am playing only for 2 months, and not so experienced, but this is my logical conclusion.

No.

I'm rank 32 as of this post. It means nothing now.

Most people that were decent at the game are not playing ranked right now because they have already gotten titles they wanted. Then from the extreme imbalance of the previous two seasons even more people have been awarded titles that may not have ever got them.

The game has not been rebalanced since the last season yet also, and it's pretty straight forward what classes beat what...Like an equal skill rev is never going to beat mirage for instance. Basically not very many people are taking ranked too seriously right now.

@JayAction.9056 said:The game has not been rebalanced since the last season yet also, and it's pretty straight forward what classes beat what...Like an equal skill rev is never going to beat mirage for instance. Basically not very many people are taking ranked too seriously right now.

most of my 1v1's against mirages are wins, you just kite them, make them lose their energy and sword2, and then you just try to stun and burst them down, not easy, but very possible

@Fragon.7043 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:The game has not been rebalanced since the last season yet also, and it's pretty straight forward what classes beat what...Like an equal skill rev is never going to beat mirage for instance. Basically not very many people are taking ranked too seriously right now.

most of my 1v1's against mirages are wins, you just kite them, make them lose their energy and sword2, and then you just try to stun and burst them down, not easy, but very possible

Make them lose their energy? Rev has energy not mirage.

I'm rank 35. I spend most of my ranked time in top 150. There is no way a rev of equal skill can beat a mirage. It's pretty close to impossible because of how rev skills function and how undertuned its damage is. Honestly there is no way a rev of equal skill can beat a chronomancer and mirage was an upgrade to chrono. It's been that was since season 1...

Sword 2 is the worst skill against mirage. If you even manage to land it fully on a mirage you outplayed him basically...

@Fragon.7043 said:

If you win most of your 1v1 vs. Mirage as a power rev, then those mirages are bad. As a power rev main, the matchup is heavily in their favour and the rev shouldn't be winning.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Make them lose their energy? Rev has energy not mirage.

I'm rank 35. I spend most of my ranked time in top 150. There is no way a rev of equal skill can beat a mirage. It's pretty close to
impossible
because of how rev skills function and how undertuned its damage is. Honestly there is no way a rev of equal skill can beat a chronomancer and mirage was an upgrade to chrono. It's been that was since season 1...

Sword 2 is the worst skill against mirage. If you even manage to land it fully on a mirage you outplayed him basically...

i meant endurance, sorry , and i spoke about both their endurance + their sword 2 which is an attack + dodge, if you manage to save your cooldowns and kite their initial condi burst , they'll be quickly out of cd's, i use decor in a regular match to escape staff ambush skills and such, but its heavily centered on you pulling out of the combat only to make them blow their cds.but i agree, there is no way to defeat them as a scourge would do.

@Blood.5607 said:

If you win most of your 1v1 vs. Mirage as a power rev, then those mirages are bad. As a power rev main, the matchup is heavily in their favour and the rev shouldn't be winning.

its about using decor and making them blow their cds for nothing on a regular pvp match by pulling out of the combat, i'm not speaking of an arena here, i'm speaking of scenarios such as winning back a point etc...

Archived