Is this game worth coming back to?

DrDivine.5378

This game is beyond easy. It's not a group game. I went to other games, which I won't mention. (We all know how fragile this game is that you can't name other games. Others let you. No insecurity.) It has no repetition, no replayability, this is not Guild Wars 1. And I was in the very initial stages of Guild Wars 1 way back in... what? 2005? So I am a hardcore fan of the original.

And it's the story that keeps me coming back. At the start? Yeah! Excitement! Possibilities! Options? Origins? Amazing! Then it's "Everyone does the same." Ok. Then it was living story and "keep up or pay gems."

A lot has been lost since the origins. You either accept this gameplay or you don't. It doesn't change. No expansion, no update, no rework, changes what Guild Wars 2 is. It's a beautiful world but it's a fetch quest world with every so often a story every few months.

I quit for 2 years and got a week of tangible, playable, story. It was nice to play but broke my heart. Back in my day we called that "Factions." Then "Nightfall."

They should go back to that. I knew what I was paying for back then. And back then, it was quality.

Archived