Weaver Dual Attacks Don't Benefit From Cleansing Water

Alex.9507

Self explanatory. Was wondering how the skills interacted with the trait when I noticed... they don't. Tested with Pressure Blast and Monsoon, I can only assume Katabatic Wind is affected as well. Skills that aren't Dual Attacks work fine, such as sword's Riptide or any other non-Dual Attack skills that apply regeneration.

You'd think that dual attacks would benefit from the traits governing either of their attunements (I certainly expected them to), but they don't. Apparently the game treats them as if they belonged to NO attunement instead of BOTH. And yes, I agree that this should be treated as a bug and fixed.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:The way Cleansing Water is implemented seems slightly crazy. Rather than what you might expect where it triggers when you apply Regeneration the actual implementation seems to be "go to every possible skill that can apply regeneration and modify those skills".

Seeing as Katabatic Winds doesn't even apply regeneration (it applies it as a status not a boon), that seems to be the case. It'll apply a regeneration status and cleanse a condition, despite it not even granting the correct boon. You'd think there'd be a way to do that more elegantly, or is the trait coded only to cleanse the condition for any that's flagged for elementalist or a global skill, while dual attacks are internally recognized as thief skills or something?

Archived