Crashed and lost loot

gem.9038

Hoelbrak just crashed on me 4 times within a couple minutes. And I had just opened a black lion chest and received a wardrobe unlock. I hadn't used it yet but now it is missing from my inventory as well as the other stuff that came from the chest. In fact I had to reacquire the black lion chest from the trading post. The key I had was put back into my inventory. The problem is what I got out of the chest a 2nd time was far less valuable. Can I please get the wardrobe unlock back?

@Linken.6345 said:Would you have made this post if you got a permanent contrackt out of the new chest?Sorry you lost a wardrobe unlock but the chest are random and you just happen to be on the wrong side of the draw this time

You mean if my 2nd opening was more valuable? Yes, because it's the right thing to do. You should get what you receive. Having it disappear due to a server crashing isn't something I can control. I can only ask for something back.

You should create a support ticket (because it doesn't hurt to ask) and if ANet were to help, they'd need a ticket number; they cannot assist you directly from the forums.

However, I suspect you won't get the answer you hope for. The game won't have any record of you receiving anything. The opening of the chest registered on the client side, but not on the server side, so it's as if it never happened.

I'm really sorry that means you'll likely miss out on something you wanted and thought you had acquired.

Archived