Why are Winterberries so much better than anything else?

Oglaf.1074

I have all the Season 3 home nodes. Each day you can get: 3 blood rubies, 3 petrified wood, 7 winterberries (5 from node, 2 from chest - harvesting the node completes the winterberry harvester daily), 3 jade shards, 3 fire orchid blossoms, and 9 orrian pearls. The blood rubies, jade shards, and petrified wood can be salvaged (for Unbound Magic) or sold to a vendor for 2s 56c each. Winterberries, fire orchid blossoms, and orrian pearls can be directly consumed for Unbound Magic.

Though I occasionally go to Bloodstone Fen to harvest bloodstone dust, just hitting the home nodes has allowed me to fully kit out the 8 toons on my main account, and the 3 level 80's on my alt account with full ascended trinkets without problems. And I'm sitting on a full stack or two of all of them for when I finally find a name I like for that last toon I need to make (and the two on my alt account...).

They are kinda awesome, agreed. Do note that it takes double the winterberry currency to make a ring or whatever, compared to currency from another map. So, unfortunately you need to farm quite a lot to make an ascended piece or to consume for unbound magic. While yes, you could get 50+ berries from a run, without item booster, it'll take a bit of time. Mounts, condi clear, and other people in the area help to mitigate chill, of course.

Imo double the currency requirement is a bit over-tuned -- I think 1.5 would be better.

Archived