Please improve ele

Jdavis.8501

@Bamm.6975 said:

If you want to see what an ele can do sM_Seven streams a lot and you can watch his vods on twitch where he does PvP and WvW on core D/D ele as well as a near 0 cleanse lightning rod weaver. It's damage is fine when it lands the issue is landing it half the time and the damage on autos put onto the last part which has 3/4s cast.

I randomly saw some of this kids stream on twitch over the weekend. I was excited because he is a known D/D ele. He was in WvW when I tuned in but shortly after switched to sPvP. He was D/D core spec when he got in. He was utterly destroyed.

I was hoping to get some tips by watching and I did. Tip was that you cannot currently play D/D effectively in sPvP.

Well he had an off weekend as he works 12 hours Sat + Sun and had been streaming for 6-8 hours each day too. I don’t have a degree in match but I can tell you 4 hours of sleep isn’t enough to be able to play well after having to focus on a real job for 12 hours.

Also try not to refer to a guy in his 20s who owns his own business as a kid, sure he has a baby face but it’s derogatory language that isn’t needed.

@Bamm.6975 said:I also saw some guy named Fifi the Fancy. He played a condi Sw/D weaver. That dude seemed really good. Definitely held his own in sPvP for anyone looking for good players to watch and learn viable sPvP ele specs from.

S/d is good but you have to do so much to get the desired result when a necro or mesmer just has to F1 or something and you're dead. Ele needs is the ability to strip boons or steal boons. They're built for 2012 not 2018. Anet tried to give them a condi spec but their boons are useless with spellbreaker, if they have boons they can be stolen, so now you have to do your 15 rotations just to get 3 to 4 boons back, oops now they're corrupted by a necro.

@apharma.3741 said:Also try not to refer to a guy in his 20s who owns his own business as a kid, sure he has a baby face but it’s derogatory language that isn’t needed.

Are you offended for him? I did not mean it in a derogatory fashion. A guy in his 20's is a kid regardless if he has his own business. Try not to be so sensitive.

@"Chasind.3128" said:S/d is good but you have to do so much to get the desired result when a necro or mesmer just has to F1 or something and you're dead. Ele needs is the ability to strip boons or steal boons. They're built for 2012 not 2018. Anet tried to give them a condi spec but their boons are useless with spellbreaker, if they have boons they can be stolen, so now you have to do your 15 rotations just to get 3 to 4 boons back, oops now they're corrupted by a necro.

I can't argue with that. Ele has always had to had to "do a lot of work" to get good results with their builds in my experience.

@Bamm.6975 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Also try not to refer to a guy in his 20s who owns his own business as a kid, sure he has a baby face but it’s derogatory language that isn’t needed.

Are you offended for him? I did not mean it in a derogatory fashion. A guy in his 20's is a kid regardless if he has his own business. Try not to be so sensitive.

I don’t know any person who would call someone in their 20s a kid unless they were their parents, trying to garner maternal sympathy off someone or trying to belittle someone else.

Posts have been removed for less and not through my complaining I might add before you make more assumptions. If nothing else at least take the advise of don’t refer to people as kids on the forums, you do get moderators deleting, warning and I assume banning for it, whether you care or not that’s on you.

Archived