PVP Mesmer, trying the non META

joeherbert.6431

Very good guide. It's not the build that DESTROYS me in seconds (#cancermeta), but I like this video a lot. I wish more folks did thorough PvP videos like this. Breakdowns of fights with commentary (next time be sure to get "with commentary" in the title or description ... so many times videos like this are just people playing the game or talking WHILE playing and then they discuss the build in the mists). Must have taken a while to put together.

Good job, mate!

@EUmad.7645 said:it is not better to take EM in mirage line ? it is not better to take sword pistol instead of sword focus ? You can trait pistol easily with dueling

Generally yes it’s better to take EM for the condi clear on dodge, however, it’s better to get used to using something else because the proposed nerf to EM by getting exhaustion will make the trait useless. They could get rid of the stun break on dodge and replace it with something else or put it on a cd but nah. Nuke it from orbit.

Again yes it is better to take pistol. Focus has never been great, good yes, great no. The phantasm change on focus makes it trash in anything other than a 1v1 because the damage is split between targets rather than cleaving. Duelist or swordmans would be better options.

• 4 months later...

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@"EUmad.7645" said:it is not better to take EM in mirage line ? it is not better to take sword pistol instead of sword focus ? You can trait pistol easily with dueling

Generally yes it’s better to take EM for the condi clear on dodge, however, it’s better to get used to using something else because the proposed nerf to EM by getting exhaustion will make the trait useless. They could get rid of the stun break on dodge and replace it with something else or put it on a cd but nah. Nuke it from orbit.

Again yes it is better to take pistol. Focus has never been great, good yes, great no. The phantasm change on focus makes it trash in anything other than a 1v1 because the damage is split between targets rather than cleaving. Duelist or swordmans would be better options.

I seem to do well enough that I don't need the stun break on dodge, personally, and I use focus for the swiftness and mobility. So for me, it's better than pistol. I have a new video series, with my latest updated build and I still run the same weapons - 10 part video series on how I pvp with conditions Mesmer updated with almost 2 total hours of content and tips, hints, and tricks with all new footage and information as of the July 10, 2018 balance patch.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:however, it’s better to get used to using something else because the proposed nerf to EM by getting exhaustion will make the trait useless. They could get rid of the stun break on dodge and replace it with something else or put it on a cd but nah. Nuke it from orbit.

I love this because the proposed fix here would have balanced it and exhaustion did almost nothing.

Also dat necro

@joeherbert.6431 said:

@"EUmad.7645" said:it is not better to take EM in mirage line ? it is not better to take sword pistol instead of sword focus ? You can trait pistol easily with dueling

I seem to do well enough that I don't need the stun break on dodge, personally, and I use focus for the swiftness and mobility. So for me, it's better than pistol. I have a new video series, with my latest updated build and I still run the same weapons - 10 part video series on how I pvp with conditions Mesmer updated with almost 2 total hours of content and tips, hints, and tricks with all new footage and information as of the July 10, 2018 balance patch.

Glad to see you came out with new videos! I enjoyed watching your old ones.

I am never been a fun of focus but i tried his build and i find sword focus a really consistent setup . You can spawn focus 5 from range , approch your target , spam sword 3 , sword ambush and shatter. It is really good. His build is really really strong in 1vs 1 . Also focus 4 can be really fun for pulling ( interrupting and so on) . i did not imagine focus so good . Pistol need to be traited ( and also with trait it is not that good ... ) but dueling is not good as chaos in a full condi setup. With chaous you have damage from toughness, stability on shatter and great survivability . I find it a great setup .

Archived