Weird Graphical Glitches

Hello! Has anyone else experienced some weird graphical glitches in the game, such as things that are coloured different than they should be, or weird objects in weird places? See the reference, look for the blue thingies in the image:

dDyVR5n.png

This also happened in The Desolation, where some arcs showed up as green-yellow. It seems to happen after I run to things fast with a mount

Win 10AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processorGeforce GTX 106016 GB RAM

That makes me think of placeholder/node points from map creation, but should never see that, and I don't know why you would as it would be invisible in game anyways. I went to that spot to verify for myself, and yeah can't see it, unless it's limited to settings. As said just above, you may have something with your Dat file corrupted, and repairing might be worth trying

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Weird colors like that typically indicate a corrupted file, I believe. Have you tried a repair yet?

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:That makes me think of placeholder/node points from map creation, but should never see that, and I don't know why you would as it would be invisible in game anyways. I went to that spot to verify for myself, and yeah can't see it, unless it's limited to settings. As said just above, you may have something with your Dat file corrupted, and repairing might be worth trying

I have repaired my file and these issues continue persisting both before and after repair. They only seem to occur after I travel very fast from place A to place B, and theyre not always present in these specific areas.

Then my guess is that it is rendering the points, whether they call them anchors or something else, before it makes them invisible. Or a quirk of your graphic system with the gw2 engine, or some combination, but I'd lean toward the former. Especially with how it's been behaving on not loading things quickly, and don't count on it being intentionally resolved

Archived