WHIRLING DEFENSE should be moving skill and not a "Sitting Duck"

Dragonzhunter.8506

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:If you want Whirling Defense unrooted, then I want reflect on Whirling Axe AND unrooted Hundreed Blades :)

The damage done by WD and WA or Hundred Blades is almost the same, the big difference between WD and HB is the CD. You can't ask for the same thing when one of the skill has only 8s CD and the other one 25s CD (WA has almost half CD of WD too, only 15s). Basically, with HB you will do 3 times more damage than me with WD. I asked for a balance ... we mentioned already that for not be a root skill, WD should be nerfed a little bit, so it can compete with WA, not with HB, because HB is totally different.

personally i don't think WD needs a nerf in damage. Neither we need to move a full speed.We just need to be able to move slowly (lest say at 50% normal speed?) so the skill can be avoided just stepping to the side. And allow the ranger to cleave with that skill at least.That skill has a range of 180 which is almost melee range. There are weapon melee skill which reach more than that.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@anduriell.6280 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:If you want Whirling Defense unrooted, then I want reflect on Whirling Axe AND unrooted Hundreed Blades :)

The damage done by WD and WA or Hundred Blades is almost the same, the big difference between WD and HB is the CD. You can't ask for the same thing when one of the skill has only 8s CD and the other one 25s CD (WA has almost half CD of WD too, only 15s). Basically, with HB you will do 3 times more damage than me with WD. I asked for a balance ... we mentioned already that for not be a root skill, WD should be nerfed a little bit, so it can compete with WA, not with HB, because HB is totally different.

personally i don't think WD needs a nerf in damage. Neither we need to move a full speed.We just need to be able to move slowly (lest say at 50% normal speed?) so the skill can be avoided just stepping to the side. And allow the ranger to cleave with that skill at least.That skill has a range of 180 which is almost melee range. There are weapon melee skill which reach more than that.

If we compare with others skills and their CD, I agree with you, WD damage shouldn't be nerfed.

Archived