The Game Can't Cope With Being The Game

Busy metas, large bounty squads, WvW blobs, etc. all bring FPS crashing down as the client creaks and complains with the players and effects. The lofty goal of bringing the players together to achieve the best rewards is laudable, but the resulting experience is a headache inducing mess that also ruins the game - hard to react to tells, AoEs and mechanics when the game is struggling to cope with the spectacle.

I know optimisation, performance, and so forth are never-ending battles and budgets and compromises need to be met and made - but all these years on and the game still can't cope being the game. Does ANet have any big changes coming to address this?

When Path of Fire launched I was having stable FPS at near max settings (reducing the few fps killer options of course). Now my fps seems to be tanking and certain options I had on high have been dropped to medium or even low. I've deleted the folders, drivers up to date and what not.

Lately my performance has been tanking unlike any other game on my PC. Older areas (even HoT are fine) but the newer ones just can't get along with me. Performance seems to be whacky.

I've noticed this a lot recently with character I have parked in Royal Terrace. Moving about previously felt perfectly fine, and I feel now like things are sluggish or I'm noticing visual lag. I don't really have a lot more than just "it feels this way," though, so my comments aren't great at getting to the root of it.

Archived