Is sword really weak?

Soulbrew.7165

Hey guys

I've been seeing a lot of topics about how sword is weak and stuff, but when I am playing with it feels like the most powerful weapon to do things (I am playing with kinda hybrid stats, I have 700 condi dmg and 2,3k power)I don't know if open world still don't count to anything, but why this isnt used for raids and fractal? It does low damage there? It lacks mobility when bosses are running?

I really hate to use staff, so when I see thats the only viable way to do raids and fractals, its kinda demotivating.

pve is irrelevant you can do any build and its fine apart from instances with certain types of people who confuse optimal with viable. In pvp sword has issues in that its a bruiser with 130 range with non competitive dmg, its playable, but you need to have a very high skill level to eek the most out of the build in comparison to other professions.

@Theros.1390 said:

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:pve is irrelevant

I think it was not the point ^-^

And Sword Weaver in PvP might be excellent. (and will be more with the next balance patch incoming) You just have to know how to play it. I admit that you have to do more than other professions, to reach the same result, but it has been always like that with the ele.

Ye it may be, range with sword 3 is an issue, fix that for example and the build could settle in a good place.

It dose not fit weaver if it was on tempest or core with out duel skills but its 3ed core skill it would be far better.Its the 1 skills being a chane attks that dose not fit a fast swaping class like weaver if it was a channeled attk it would work much better but sadly you must sit in an atument and spam 1 for 3? sec to get its full effect.130 ranged sux but you can make that work you cant make the chane attk work with such low cd on swaps.

Sword / WH tempest would be unbelievably strong i must say for support and dmg.

Archived