Suggestion on Gemstore Hairstyle Marketing?

Mecha.7301

( Ahead of time, I want to apologize if this is the wrong area for this thread. I don't know where else I might be able to post or create this thread. This is just a 'quality of life' type of suggestion for the Black Lion Trading advertising gallery's. )

The specific topic is having to do with introducing 'New Styles'.

In my humble opinion, I think it might be far more interesting to set a creative 'theme' to new hair styles, faces, eye colors etc. For example, the newest set that recently came out was for the Charr. As much as I enjoy new options for character customization, I think it would be far more unique (especially it being Guild Wars and all ) to market these new options with a tag / poster like, " BECOME A LOST TRIBE CHARR! " or " Create a Olmakhan ! " And introduce the changes much like we saw the updates for Human character customization. I really enjoyed that and I know many of my guild mates did as well. I'm sure a great number of players made investments (Gem Purchases) due to the fun marketing of creating 'Elonian Humans'. I think it would be a fantastic idea to keep that sort of marketing packaged with new character customization!

Just my two cents! Please share your thoughts! And to any GM, thank you for reading. :)

As long as it doesn't delay the release of new options, sure, they can call them whatever they want in the announcement.

But I'd hate for them to hold back new hairstyles or horns or whatever they have ready to go because they don't have enough to release a themed pack, or they don't think some of them suit the theme/s they have in mind.

Oh, I agree it shouldn't be done at the cost of time... but only to a point.

The greatest example I can give to 'hastily presented' product would be HoT. Which there are literally hundreds of complaints on the forms on dozens of issues due to design commitments promised and not presented during its specific launch time frame.

All things with a grain of balance.

Archived