[Elite Suggestion] Plague Doctor

Regon Phoenix.8215

Theme: something like a combat alchemist focused on poisons and specific boons. Something like witchdoctor but with more advanced technology combining potions, dark magic and technology into one specialization.Elixirs: imagine necromancer taking a spit of an elixir to determine what it does and then breaking a vial with that elixir beneath his feat releasing what was inside of it to affect nearby allies/enemies. Not even necromancer sometimes knows what kind of concoction he have made, so taking a sip might confuse, poison or torment him/her, but it is only natural when you mix strange herbs, animal parts and dark magic into a potion of unknown properties.

Main builds:1) Condition build focused on poison damage - main build2) Anti-condition support build - main build3) A build focused on movement (could be either power or condition build) - off build

Adept Minor Trait (Mad Dark Science)Unlock Pistol for your main-hand and off-hand and allow you to use Elixirs.Replace Death Shroud with Experimental Shroud.

Adept Major Trait LineMajor Trait 1 (Mighty Plague Doctor)Inflicting an enemy with poison will grant you 1 stack of might for 10 sec. Cooldown: 4 sec.Major Trait 2 (Reverse Side Effects)Your elixirs will also convert 1 condition into a boon on all affected friendly targets (including you).Major Trait 3 (Step Up for the Duty)Dodging will grant you 4 sec of swiftness.

-

Master Minor Trait (Slight Immunity)Take 5% less damage from torment, confusion and poison.

Master Major Trait LineMajor Trait 4 (Hand Made Injector)Poison you inflict will deal 20% more damage and your pistol abilities will recharge 20% faster.Major Trait 5 (Benevolent Doctor)When you convert a condition into boon, then grant affected target 3 sec of regeneration. Increase healing power by 300 on regeneration you grant.Major Trait 6 (Artificial Adrenaline)When you gain swiftness, then automatically convert it into superspeed of same duration. Take 5% less damage while you have superspeed.

-

Grandmaster Minor Trait (Well Versed in Diseases)Reduce condition duration on you by 10%.

Grandmaster Major Trait LineMajor Trait 7 (Experimenting with Toxins)Your Shroud 1 now will inflict 1 stack of poison for 4 sec.Major Trait 8 (Exploiting Side Effects into Benefits)Your shroud 4 will convert 1 condition into a boon on nearby allies every time it will pulse.Major Trait 9 (Doctor is on Duty)Reduce cooldown of your Shroud 2 by 10 sec and it will now cleanse you from cripple, chill, slow and immobilize.

F1 (Experimental shroud)

Enter into unstable shroud. It will drain life force slowly than normal shroud, but the longer you remain in this shroud the faster life force will be drained.

• Cooldown: 5 sec
  • Starting life force drain: 50% slower than normal shroud
  • Increase of life force draining per sec: 10%
  • Maximum life force draining speed: 200% faster than normal shroud

Pistol 1 (Unload Injector)Unload your special bullets on your target dealing damage while channeling.

• Casting time: instant
  • Channel duration: 1 sec
  • Range: 600
  • Damage (4x): 700 (scales with power)
  • Projectile

-

Pistol 2 (Toxic Surprise)Load your pistol with special bullet. Your next Pistol 1 will unload this bulled poisoning enemy hit. Attack affected by this effect becomes unblockable.

• Casting time: 1/4 sec
  • Cooldown: 6 sec
  • Duration: 4 sec
  • Poison: 2 stacks for 5 sec

-

Pistol 3 (Doctor's Step)Jump backwards while evading. Removes cripple, slow, chill and immobilize from you.

• Cooldown: 8 sec
  • Range: 450
  • Evasion: 3/4 sec

-

Pistol 4 (Gas Pump)Release toxic spores in front of you poisoning, crippling and weakening enemies in front of you.

• Casting time: 1/2 sec
  • Cooldown: 18 sec
  • Range: 300
  • Poison: 3 stacks for 8 sec
  • Cripple: 4 sec
  • Weakness: 4 sec

-

Pistol 5 (Unmedical Barrage)Start spinning and shooting indiscriminately at all nearby enemies around you while channeling. You are immune to disables, cripple, slow, chill and immobilize while channeling this ability.

• Channeling duration: 2 sec
  • Cooldown: 20 sec
  • Radius: 450
  • Damage (8x): 1400 (scales with power)
  • Projectile

Shroud 1 (Painful Injection)Release a piercing bolt at your target.

• Casting time: 1/4 sec
  • Damage: 400 (scales with power)
  • Pierce
  • Projectile

-

Shroud 2 (Always Mobile)Jump away or to the sides and cripple nearby enemies when you land. Evade all attacks while jumping. You can use Shroud 1 while jumping.

• Cooldown: 15 sec
  • Range: 300
  • Radius: 140
  • Cripple: 3 sec
  • Evasion: 1/2 sec

-

Shroud 3 (System Sock)Place a delayed charge on an enemy. When it triggers it will deal damage to affected enemy and fear it. Fear nearby enemies as well when it triggers.

• Cooldown: 25 sec
  • Delay: 2 sec
  • Damage: 750 (scales with power)
  • Fear: 2 sec
  • Aoe fear: 3/4 sec

-

Shroud 4 (Gathering Medicine)Gain a special aura which will pulse every second stealing boons from nearby enemies.

• Casting time: 3/4 sec
  • Cooldown: 26 sec
  • Duration: 4 sec
  • Pulses: 4
  • Boons stolen per sec per target: 1
  • Targets hit per sec: up to 3

-

Shroud 5 (The Toxic Fallout)Exhaust your toxic gasses poisoning and stunning nearby enemies. Gain resistance and swiftness. This attack is unblockable.

• Casting time: 1 sec
  • Cooldown: 40 sec
  • Poison: 5 stacks for 10 sec
  • Stun: 2 sec
  • Resistance: 4 sec
  • Swiftness: 6 sec

Healing Elixir (Random Healing Elixir)Inflict yourself with either torment, confusion or poison. Then heal yourself and gain regeneration.

• Self-Torment: 1 stack for 6 sec
  • Self-Poison: 1 stack for 10 sec
  • Self-Confusion: 1 stack for 6
  • Healing: 3000 (scales with healing power)
  • Regeneration: 10 sec

-

Utility Elixir 1 (Random Evaporating Elixir)Inflict yourself with either torment, confusion or poison. Then release special fumes who poisons nearby enemies and grant protection to nearby allies.

• Cooldown: 25 sec
  • Poison: 3 stacks for 10 sec
  • Protection: 5 sec

-

Utility Elixir 2 (Random Antidote)Inflict yourself with either torment, confusion or poison. Then turn up to 2 conditions on yourself and nearby allies into boons.

• Stunbreaker

-

Utility Elixir 3 (Random Dangerous Elixir)Inflict yourself with either torment, confusion or poison. Then daze nearby enemies and convert 1 boon on them into a condition.

• Cooldown: 30 sec
  • Daze: 1 sec

-

Utility Elixir 4 (Random Mind Enhancing Elixir)Inflict yourself with either torment, confusion or poison. Then grant yourself resistance and stability.

• Cooldown: 45 sec
  • Resistance: 6 sec
  • Stability: 2 stacks for 6 sec

-

Elite Elixir (Random Godly Elixir)Inflict yourself with either torment, confusion or poison. Then grant swiftness, fury, quickness and vigor to nearby allies.

• Casting time: 3/4
  • Cooldown: 70 sec
  • Swiftness: 10 sec
  • Fury: 8 sec
  • Quickness: 4 sec
  • Vigor: 4 sec

First things ill note right off the batHigh cast times again. (for what the elixirs do anyways)High cool downs for such small effects on the elixers not to mention they are like corruption skills and hurt you on use.Also never put a cast time on a break stun. Anet has only done this in a few cases and in both of them they are very bad.-dodging after breaking the stun will cancel the cast meaning you dont get the full fuction of the skill and it goes on cooldown-well timed double stuns make them pointless.

My critical thoughts.

• Its condi heavy as the name would suggest, we do already have scourge though and it is condi heave, reaper is also still strong at dealing decent condi damage.
  • Shroud skills are interesting i dont see much wrong with them.
  • Pistols would be super interesting on a necro but for the love of god i would hope they would give them special visuals and not just standard bullets.
  • Lose the cast time on Pistol 2 (Toxic Surprise) if its only 1 hit. Or leave the cast and make it a duration effect that makes all auto attacks inflict poison for the next few seconds
  • Major trait 6 just pointing out that Ive never seen a super speed duration of anything more than 6 seconds across the whole game im not sure it can be longer than that at any given point. Im not sure if it stacks in effect either I always thought new super speed overwrote what ever you had left on your current effect.
  • My biggest concern is with the utility, Big cast times, Big cds, Self punishing, Little reward. Especially on the elite. Its almost like a lesser signet of rage with a longer cd. With the exception of the heal and elite those are the only 2 that should have a cast time higher than even 1/2 second. Ideally almost everything else could be instant or 1/4 a second.

other thoughtsSome times when flushing out numbers for certain utility types consider what it does and if there are other professions in the game with the same skill type. If so give them a look over and compare what you have on paper to what currently exist. While you dont have to follow the other skill types cast times an cooldowns directly it gives you a good idea for whats comfortable for what the skill is doing.

@ZDragon.3046 said:First things ill note right off the batHigh cast times again. (for what the elixirs do anyways)High cool downs for such small effects on the elixers not to mention they are like corruption skills and hurt you on use.

20, 25, 20, 30, 45 and 70 sec, only two of these have high cooldown. Also, yes, base elixirs are moderate abilities, but looks what you get if you trait for them.With these triaits:1) Reverse Side Effects2) Benevolent DoctorYou get:1) 5 sec of retaliation, 5 sec of regeneration or 10 sec of might2) No conditions on yourself3) 3 sec of regeneration4) Elixir's effect

Yes, elixirs aren't very good without traiting for them, but if you trait for them, then you will get quite powerful abilities +boons.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Also never put a cast time on a break stun. Anet has only done this in a few cases and in both of them they are very bad.

Stomp - 3/4 secWell of power - 1/4 secPain absorption - 1/2 secRites of the great dwarf - 1 and 1/4 sec

So, if Anet can do it, then so can i.

@ZDragon.3046 said:My critical thoughts.

• Its condi heavy as the name would suggest, we do already have scourge though and it is condi heave, reaper is also still strong at dealing decent condi damage.

Scourge is support (barrier) and condition (torment/burn) spec.This is support (regeneration/boon/condition cleanse, if you specifically trait for it) OR condition (poison) spec. Unlike scourge this spec can either support or deal damage, but it can't do both. Also, you missed the point that this spec is very mobile and should dance between normal form and shroud, unlike scourge, so those two are quite different. And i don't think i even need to comment about reaper, as reaper and this elite have nothing in common.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

• Pistols would be super interesting on a necro but for the love of god i would hope they would give them special visuals and not just standard bullets.

Me too, mate. Me too. Something flashy, dark and green would be preferable.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

• Lose the cast time on Pistol 2 (Toxic Surprise) if its only 1 hit. Or leave the cast and make it a duration effect that makes all auto attacks inflict poison for the next few seconds

I see no problem with casting time this short, but you might be right.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

• Major trait 6 just pointing out that Ive never seen a super speed duration of anything more than 6 seconds across the whole game im not sure it can be longer than that at any given point. Im not sure if it stacks in effect either I always thought new super speed overwrote what ever you had left on your current effect.

And that's why this elite is a first ever mobile necromancer. And yes, new application will remove the old one, so you will have to keep in mind when you want to run fast.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

• My biggest concern is with the utility, Big cast times, Big cds, Self punishing, Little reward. Especially on the elite. Its almost like a lesser signet of rage with a longer cd. With the exception of the heal and elite those are the only 2 that should have a cast time higher than even 1/2 second. Ideally almost everything else could be instant or 1/4 a second.

As i said previously: not traited = meh, but traited = awesome.

@ZDragon.3046 said:other thoughtsSome times when flushing out numbers for certain utility types consider what it does and if there are other professions in the game with the same skill type. If so give them a look over and compare what you have on paper to what currently exist. While you dont have to follow the other skill types cast times an cooldowns directly it gives you a good idea for whats comfortable for what the skill is doing.

Already doing that, mate.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Also never put a cast time on a break stun. Anet has only done this in a few cases and in both of them they are very bad.

Stomp - 3/4 secWell of power - 1/4 secPain absorption - 1/2 secRites of the great dwarf - 1 and 1/4 sec

So, if Anet can do it, then so can i.

Perhaps you didnt catch what I was pointing out.
Stomp
was kind of fixed because you now target where you want to go before it was cast in place and easily accidentally interrupted by pressing a movement key or dodging. Which results in the skill not going off but going on full cooldown.
Well of power
can often bug if you dodge or get cc'ed during the cast time (happens more than you would think trust me I know.) resulting in breaking the initial stun but putting the skill on full cooldown without it coming out.
Pain absorption
can also be stopped while consuming the energy without getting the resistance from the skill while putting it on cooldownRights of the great dwarf. Same situation the only reason I assume this even has a cast time is because its an elite other wise it wouldn't have one.

Ideally stomp is the only one that works correctly with a cast time because it moves you when you cast it now. and you cant stop the motion of a leap with an accidental dodge or movement key press.

Im just warning you that its not that you cant do it, but its bad design and invites frustration when the skill breaks your stun, but fails to apply its other effects then goes on full cooldown because you ate anther cc during the cast or needed to dodge roll to avoid a big hit coming after said stun that you just broke.

Ideally most break stuns should be instant by design of how they work. Most inferior breakstuns have cast times or are not used in general because all the better options are instant with better effects and 0 risk of going on full cd without providing the later effects.

My critical thoughts.

Scourge is support (barrier) and condition (torment/burn) spec.This is support (regeneration/boon/condition cleanse, if you specifically trait for it) OR condition (poison) spec. Unlike scourge this spec can either support or deal damage, but it can't do both. Also, you missed the point that this spec is very mobile and should dance between normal form and shroud, unlike scourge, so those two are quite different. And i don't think i even need to comment about reaper, as reaper and this elite have nothing in common.

Im just pointing out that there are tons of condi specs as it is already not that any of said specs are similar to your suggestion.

And that's why this elite is a first ever mobile necromancer. And yes, new application will remove the old one, so you will have to keep in mind when you want to run fast.

hmm i mean its not bad necro is the only light armored profession with no access to super speed but im not sure how like 10 seconds of super speed would be fair lol. Thats just looking when its combined with speed of shadow trait only.

As i said previously: not traited = meh, but traited = awesome.

If you want the trait to make them that good have you considered adding more conditions to the list that they selfcan inflict on the necromancer then?Retaliation is meh, regen is not bad, and might which necro already has tons in other places of from the conversion trait.More random self conditions can provide a random higher risk reward factor. Drink an elixir and get resistance or stability and they can suddenly become really good vs only being locked to the same 3 boons that convert to things that dont really sync well with necro or that it does not already have tons of.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Perhaps you didnt catch what I was pointing out.Stomp was kind of fixed because you now target where you want to go before it was cast in place and easily accidentally interrupted by pressing a movement key or dodging. Which results in the skill not going off but going on full cooldown.Well of power can often bug if you dodge or get cc'ed during the cast time (happens more than you would think trust me I know.) resulting in breaking the initial stun but putting the skill on full cooldown without it coming out.Pain absorption can also be stopped while consuming the energy without getting the resistance from the skill while putting it on cooldownRights of the great dwarf. Same situation the only reason I assume this even has a cast time is because its an elite other wise it wouldn't have one.

Nope. I just pointed out that Anet have these abilities, so as long as they exists more could be introduced as well.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Im just warning you that its not that you cant do it, but its bad design and invites frustration when the skill breaks your stun, but fails to apply its other effects then goes on full cooldown because you ate anther cc during the cast or needed to dodge roll to avoid a big hit coming after said stun that you just broke.

It might be a bad design, but it is actual design of game. Making abilities who completely do not fit the game is way worse than making abilities following already existing abilities.

@ZDragon.3046 said:If you want the trait to make them that good have you considered adding more conditions to the list that they selfcan inflict on the necromancer then?Retaliation is meh, regen is not bad, and might which necro already has tons in other places of from the conversion trait.More random self conditions can provide a random higher risk reward factor. Drink an elixir and get resistance or stability and they can suddenly become really good vs only being locked to the same 3 boons that convert to things that dont really sync well with necro or that it does not already have tons of.

Nah. I think this is nearly perfect as it is.Currently you can run any utility and it doesn't really matter what utility you run, you just pick the best ones. You can make reaper with no shouts (and most of shouts are garbage) and you could hardly build something all around shouts.My elite offer quite different builds based on traits and utility. For example condition witch doctor focused on poisons can be extremely different from condition witch doctor focused on elixirs.Now, try to create two entirely different condition reapers.And poison, torment and confusion fits thematically. Drinking a strange potion would most likely give one of these three, and adding more conditions would make elixirs feels too similar to corruptions.

Archived