Sword profession

Shanhaeval.4971

Which profession makes the best use of the sword weapon? I am making Bolt and am currently a Mesmer but was curious if the Mesmer or another profession makes a good build using the sword as main part of the build. Any thoughts on this or just a trial and error with professions?

Good thing about GW2 is you can make the weapon and use it on any class you want. Most classes will see many adjustments to weapons through various patches to the game that will elevate certain weapons to the top in certain game modes. So really, you wont have much trouble finding use of the sword on any class.

I enjoy using sword on the following classes:

Thief: sword pistol in pve. Sword dagger in pvp.Weaver: sword dagger in pve.Revenant: sword sword in both pve and pvp.Guardian: sword shield or sword torch in pvp.I don’t play Mesmer much, but when I do I use sword mainhand.

Those may not be the absolute best weapon combos, but I find them very fun. Especially sword weaver and sword pistol thief.

I think sword is a versatile weapon that can be used to varying degrees of effective as by almost every profession. I think only necro doesn’t have access to sword. You need Path of Fire expansion to be able to use sword on elementalist and engineer though just in case you don’t already have it. The fact that almost every class can use sword is one of the reasons that I also crafted Bolt. Plus Bolt is just super awesome anyway.

Archived