Patching Error

Hello, when i open GW2 on my computer and wait for it to start patching this pop up window appears.https://s18.postimg.org/p6drgnjeh/image.pngThen my only option is to close it...this has been going on for 2 days or so. Before some months i could play just fine (i haven't played on this specific pc since Christmas or something). Any ideas on what i could do? I conducted the support but couldn't find a solution yet.

Make a Guild Wars 2 folder on your desktop. Download Gw2-64.exe or Gw2.exe (rename it) and place it in the folder. Right click the exe, select properties and unblock it if it says it's blocked. Run it, and it if opens the launcher and begins downloading as it should, close it, then open your real GW2 folder and copy Gw2.dat into this new folder, then run it again to continue. This folder on your desktop is your new install location, which you can move wherever you want, preferably something likeC:\Games\Guild Wars 2\, rather than Program Files.

If it also fails, delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, then launch it using the option:-assetsrv 34.197.119.143

This IP changes regularly, so to look it up yourself, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

If that also fails, short version, use msconfig to boot into safe mode with networking, then try it, then try a VPN.

Archived