I... I think Condi Glint/Mallyx Potato counters Mesmer 1v1.

Condi Mirage is definitely a counter to the meta power staff (Chronophantasma Disenchanter). I have fought other condi classes, and when not built with the correct amulet, it can melt if you screw up. Thank you for actually noticing, nad making a constructive thread about this instead of just another complain thread. I'm putting a ton of time into learning that build on the chrono to learn what counters it as it's the number one build I've gotten complaints on, but am ont unkillable unless my opponents don't have condis, or I mess up and eat them.

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:Condi Mirage is definitely a counter to the meta power staff (Chronophantasma Disenchanter). I have fought other condi classes, and when not built with the correct amulet, it can melt if you screw up. Thank you for actually noticing, nad making a constructive thread about this instead of just another complain thread. I'm putting a ton of time into learning that build on the chrono to learn what counters it as it's the number one build I've gotten complaints on, but am ont unkillable unless my opponents don't have condis, or I mess up and eat them.

Update:

Having an incredibly hard time with staff mesmers, so I question this.

Still working on this where I can and losing a whole lot of matches, but the ones where I was not outplayed from the start seem to be lost because of stealth plays in order to heal.

I don't think it's a hard counter, but it does work. grinding it some more.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:Condi Mirage is definitely a counter to the meta power staff (Chronophantasma Disenchanter). I have fought other condi classes, and when not built with the correct amulet, it can melt if you screw up. Thank you for actually noticing, nad making a constructive thread about this instead of just another complain thread. I'm putting a ton of time into learning that build on the chrono to learn what counters it as it's the number one build I've gotten complaints on, but am ont unkillable unless my opponents don't have condis, or I mess up and eat them.

Update:

Having an incredibly hard time with staff mesmers, so I question this.

Still working on this where I can and
losing a whole lot of matches
, but the ones where I was not outplayed from the start seem to be lost because of stealth plays in order to heal.

I don't think it's a hard counter, but it does work. grinding it some more.

Try out custom arenas to get 1v1's quick and easier. If you are trying to counter Mirage, then they tend to have a lot of condi cleanse on dodge, jaunt, and a few other skills. Chronos will fall easier, though it will still take practice.

UPDATE:This is now the new version of the build I'm running: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlh9ommKNgEewO93nH-jpxHQBXrMwAPEAA4EAIu9HC4DAwfHBAA

Taking Marauder Amulet for the extra vit, and making up for lost concentration by taking Runes of Leadership.

This seems to work fine because the extra vit helps me live in situations where I wouldn't have before and the loss of a bit of concentration isn't enough to affect the nature of the build.

Disclaimer: I am not a good rev player.

So, this thread inspired me to try a lot of different things. Eventually I ended up with this build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlxO93nn9ommKNgEeA-jpxHQB6rMQAfAAD8QAoh9HAwJAwfHBAA.

Explaining my odd choices:

• Seeker's Amulet: I chose Seeker's to get high Resistance uptime, with good crit and power. I do not think it is worth using a condi amulet since condi rev has very low impact in the current meta. Power damage, on the other hand, is still decent. I also tried Diviner's Amulet but the extra boon duration from this did not make up for the lack of crit.
  • Spontaneous Destruction: Initially, I was inclined to play Bolstered Anguish but I ended up this this trait instead since it depends only on hitting an enemy with boons. This is good for two reasons: 1) This skill will never miss; 2) I can get a bit of resistance while I am in Glint.
  • Song of the Mists: I was initially skeptical about this choice, but after playing it a bunch I found that Call of the Demon is actually very strong. It hits pretty hard with a power amulet, and the 3s of AoE Slow is absolutely no joke. The one thing I don't like about this trait, is that the AoE range is extremely low, meaning you have to try and always land legend swap on top of the target I want to aggress.

I believe the rest of my choices are fairly self explanatory.

Notes:

• As far as my testing goes (several games in plat 2/3) this build does extremely well vs. condi mesmer (and decently well vs. other condi classes), but has a really hard time vs anything else.
  • Given the above, I think there might exist a slight variation of this build that can stand up to other classes.

My capturing was originally done in a trash format so I am redoing -everything- in order to make it look proper. In the meanwhile, I've picked a couple of wins and losses versus the Mesmers I could get ahold of (as well as a warrior because surprise, it works on melee wars too) to just show.

I'll do it better and make a compilation vid as I go.

Disclaimers:

• I'm bad at rev
  • In no way do I believe these matches are indicative of lack of skill by my opponents, or my skill as a Herald.
  • I lost a billion times

Thoughts so far are I'm either bad or its too hard to perform consistently. I'm going to keep grinding it though.

I actually wondered why my doughter, while she is not realy trained (about 100 matches), performs quite good against scourges and mesmers when i with2k on ele have troubles against those ... And she uses carrion, leadership mallyx/glint melee build ... she just goes down nearly helpless against bow ranger/druid/soulbeast ... It seems a bit volatile and she dies on mistakes despite a large HP pool. good to think about diffrent builds :-).http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDWgdpmuyO92nH-jpRHQBh7BAQu9HQSZABcQAC4RAAAnAAAIt seems to do good damage.

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:My capturing was originally done in a trash format so I am redoing -everything- in order to make it look proper. In the meanwhile, I've picked a couple of wins and losses versus the Mesmers I could get ahold of (as well as a warrior because surprise, it works on melee wars too) to just show.

I'll do it better and make a compilation vid as I go.

Disclaimers:

• I'm bad at rev
  • In no way do I believe these matches are indicative of lack of skill by my opponents, or my skill as a Herald.
  • I lost a billion times

I knew you would find away to save us all. But damn mesmer meta need to go ahead and die.

Thoughts so far are I'm either bad or its too hard to perform consistently. I'm going to keep grinding it though.

That just means your profession is not full of cheese and requires actually skill. By skill i mean (you cant afford to make careless mistakes more than once at most twice per fight.)

Archived