Biggest Issues with Rank Players

zoopop.5630

1: Pinging certain location/spots2: Circling / Drawing an arrow to the location "they need to go"3: Wording Where they need to go / Focus/Targeting marked player4: Players attemping to play mesmer because it's "broken" and not knowing how to even play the class during rank games

those are the 4 biggest issue i have when queing up for rank twice a day, and almost every single time i play a match everyone seems to ignore the first 3 things but MAINLY the first 2 things. They see 1 player at home so 3 players have the need to run home and do a 3vs1 or possibly 4vs1 for that 1 player...... holy hell i hate seeing stuff like that.

@"zoopop.5630" said:1: Pinging certain location/spots2: Circling / Drawing an arrow to the location "they need to go"3: Wording Where they need to go / Focus/Targeting marked player4: Players attemping to play mesmer because it's "broken" and not knowing how to even play the class during rank games

those are the 4 biggest issue i have when queing up for rank twice a day, and almost every single time i play a match everyone seems to ignore the first 3 things but MAINLY the first 2 things. They see 1 player at home so 3 players have the need to run home and do a 3vs1 or possibly 4vs1 for that 1 player...... holy hell i hate seeing stuff like that.

Wish players would use some sort of better communication that can guide them into knowing what they need to do....

@zoopop.5630 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:1: Pinging certain location/spots2: Circling / Drawing an arrow to the location "they need to go"3: Wording Where they need to go / Focus/Targeting marked player4: Players attemping to play mesmer because it's "broken" and not knowing how to even play the class during rank games

Wish players would use some sort of better communication that can guide them into knowing what they need to do....

Well the issue is for every amount of communication you add to the game there will be idiots who misuse it. The ping system and draw system was a good idea and has been used effectively before for teaching and instructing but toxic people will be toxic people. It's just how it is.

The problem with a lot of issues people have are insufficient tutorials and in game instruction on how the game is played. Conquest is a mode that requires much more knowledge going into the match than, say, a TDM. If the game had embedded tutorial videos from pro players explaining rotations, your class and it's role, advanced mechanics, strategy, etc. then these issues wouldn't be nearly as big a problem as they are now.

There are lots of clueless players but it's not their fault for being clueless when the game does literally nothing to help them figure out what is going on.

@Ario.8964 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:1: Pinging certain location/spots2: Circling / Drawing an arrow to the location "they need to go"3: Wording Where they need to go / Focus/Targeting marked player4: Players attemping to play mesmer because it's "broken" and not knowing how to even play the class during rank games

Well the issue is for every amount of communication you add to the game there will be idiots who misuse it. The ping system and draw system was a good idea and has been used effectively before for teaching and instructing but toxic people will be toxic people. It's just how it is.

The problem with a lot of issues people have are insufficient tutorials and in game instruction on how the game is played. Conquest is a mode that requires much more knowledge going into the match than, say, a TDM. If the game had embedded tutorial videos from pro players explaining rotations, your class and it's role, advanced mechanics, strategy, etc. then these issues wouldn't be nearly as big a problem as they are now.

There are lots of clueless players but it's not their fault for being clueless when the game does literally nothing to help them figure out what is going on.

ya, i agree it just kills me seeing this stuff happening in high plat and I'm suppose "carry" games like that when it's almost impossible without "flipping out" on players.

What baffles me is how players can get into gold/plat without even knowing how to do a basic rotation. I've also seen a lot not even know the basic concepts of maps. It's not exactly fun for me going around every game killing everything is sight and yet my team isn't smart enough to cap points.

Why should I lose games down to silver and have no hope of ever rising substantially, because the other 4 players on my team have no clue as to what even do to play the map and win?

I'm not trying to say I'm the greatest player ever, because I'm not, but I'm for sure not a silver player, not even close to it. Yet I can't win my way back up to high gold/plat, where I used to be, but the game for some reason thought I was silver caliber this season. That doesn't make any sense either.

@Rufo.3716 said:What baffles me is how players can get into gold/plat without even knowing how to do a basic rotation. I've also seen a lot not even know the basic concepts of maps. It's not exactly fun for me going around every game killing everything is sight and yet my team isn't smart enough to cap points.

Why should I lose games down to silver and have no hope of ever rising substantially, because the other 4 players on my team have no clue as to what even do to play the map and win?

I'm not trying to say I'm the greatest player ever, because I'm not, but I'm for sure not a silver player, not even close to it. Yet I can't win my way back up to high gold/plat, where I used to be, but the game for some reason thought I was silver caliber this season. That doesn't make any sense either.

go far/camp it and you'll get to plat by just doing that.

Archived