Should aeigis/distortion sharing move to mirage?

Alex Shatter.7956

Thematically it makes more sense than shoving it on dom/insp, and mirage could use a bump in PvE content (since at the moment it's selfish DPS, giving it some off-aeigis support like Firebrand would make it a little more attractive).

It would also tone down chronomancer support at little, and give chronomancer the freedom to stop running Domination (which was only ever taken for that one signet trait).

It wouldnt change anything except remove diversity from support chrono. You can definitely do raids (for example) without any aegis share, but chronos would only have 1 good support build. There would be no bumps whatsoever, firebrand is support spec, mirage isnt and it's already "attractive" enough.

@"steki.1478" said:It wouldnt change anything except remove diversity from support chrono. You can definitely do raids (for example) without any aegis share, but chronos would only have 1 good support build. There would be no bumps whatsoever, firebrand is support spec, mirage isnt and it's already "attractive" enough.

Replacing F4 with the Split would be interesting, yeah.I don't like how, despite what the devs said pre-HoT, virtually none of the elite specs actually give anything up for the new power they gain. Hence why we had this power hike, they're factual upgrades and together with newer and more efficient stat combos moved the baseline up quite a bit.

F4 would fit. It can be used as personal defense / healing, so it's the defensive shatter, only it works differently because Chronomancer.

Of course, this shouldn't be done in a vacuum. Like I said it's not okay for any elite spec to be a factual upgrade over the base class, IMO.

@Carighan.6758 said:

@"steki.1478" said:It wouldnt change anything except remove diversity from support chrono. You can definitely do raids (for example) without any aegis share, but chronos would only have 1 good support build. There would be no bumps whatsoever, firebrand is support spec, mirage isnt and it's already "attractive" enough.

Replacing
F4 with the Split would be interesting, yeah.I don't like how, despite what the devs said pre-HoT, virtually none of the elite specs actually give anything
up
for the new power they gain. Hence why we had this power hike, they're factual upgrades and together with newer and more efficient stat combos moved the baseline up quite a bit.

F4 would fit. It can be used as personal defense / healing, so it's the defensive shatter, only it works differently because Chronomancer.

Of course, this shouldn't be done in a vacuum. Like I said it's
not
okay for any elite spec to be a factual upgrade over the base class, IMO.

You completely missed the point. Op is saying to move around the signet distortion trait and aegis share on distortion trait.

@Alex Shatter.7956 said:Thematically it makes more sense than shoving it on dom/insp, and mirage could use a bump in PvE content (since at the moment it's selfish DPS, giving it some off-aeigis support like Firebrand would make it a little more attractive).

It would also tone down chronomancer support at little, and give chronomancer the freedom to stop running Domination (which was only ever taken for that one signet trait).

Okay for what purpose? I'd say even just nerfing outright Chronomancer's supportive capabilities would be enough. Moving it to Mirage will not change anything really. It still is one of the best condi dps in raids atm.

Archived