Pvp duo

A friend and I are thinking about coming back to the game. It's been a long time since we both played and don't know how the game is now. We will pretty much only pvp and wvw. What is a good duo we can run? We have good synergy as players. Just looking for 2 professions that work together.

once you get a high enough rank the PvP system stops you from duoing

I don't know how hard you found it in the past to hit 1600 rating, but I've always been around there so I usually lose the ability to duo in under three game. keep that in mind

as far as comp:mesmer is OP rn, so you can run one or two of those.druid, holo and spellbreaker all work well in duo with each other, or with mesmer.ofc you can play the classic firebrand + scourge combo.

up to you if you want to teamfight or have more independent characters. I would personally say go for the classes you are strong on, but I would also say personally to not bother getting back into PvP in this game if you wanna play w your friends

That's not a big deal for me. I only have time to play maybe once a week so we will only be doing unranked games just for fun and some wvw roaming. I was thinking of doing something more of a support that can at least do somewhat threatening damage if that helps narrow it down. He is opened to whatever as long as the two go together.

@Stickjoo.3206 said:That's not a big deal for me. I only have time to play maybe once a week so we will only be doing unranked games just for fun and some wvw roaming. I was thinking of doing something more of a support that can at least do somewhat threatening damage if that helps narrow it down. He is opened to whatever as long as the two go together.

I think what would be best for you would be to either play druid(ranger) or firebrand(guardian). Druid is more a bunker than a support but you can easily heal up allies and provide sustain for them with CA. Also has pretty good damage when played with Longbow and Avatar Amulet. Firebrand is more of a true support but you will do very little damage with it, as the power scaling for F1 tome is very weak and your weapon choices are rather defensive.Solid partners for druid: Holosmith(engineer) and Mirage(mesmer). Holosmith is very sustain-y on its own but it also brings a ton of damage and CC. Together with a supporting druid a force to be reckoned with. Mirage is more squishy but can never really be pinned down. Brings even more damage than holo.Solid partners for firebrand: Anything really that can provide peels for the fb. Scourge(necromancer) is traditionally the one to go for, the AoE's can pressure a large area which gives both players a nice breathing room in team engagements. Fb/Scourge duo can be more than the sum of its parts, unbeatable in the right hands and against the right opponents.

Thanks for the replies. I was just looking at firebrand because I already have a guardian. Looks pretty close to what I'm looking for. I just like to be able to do some damage in fights so I'll have to look into a build for it. I usually play the supportive role while he damages anyways so that firebrand scourge combo seems like what I'm looking for. Can't wait to try it out soon

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Brother.1504 said:Last season scourge and scourge. This season Mesmer and Mesmer. The balance in gw2 pvp is real.

Sure... How does it relate to this topic though? Aside from off-handed mentions to those classes.

Simple. Duo or solo what’s currently broken.

Tip: Anet takes a loooooongtime to fix obviously overpowered unbalanced professions. Fotm ftw.

The analytics people analyze slowly.

If you're playing for funzies, I'd suggest these combos:

• Double Hammer guard because playing golf with someone is fun
  • Double Wild Blow Warriors because using an enemy to play Ten Pin Bowling on the rest of the group is fun.
  • Chrono Support and Tempest/Weaver.... Huge amounts of Quickness and Alactricity on a Tempest is somewhat effective and fun
  • Make Identical Mesmers as seen in the pic below with the same name too... People will quit the match before it even starts lmao

zwqmp4D.jpg

If you notice the names in my party of this second picture, You'll see that there is 3 of us doing it but luckily for the enemy teams, Anet blocked class stacking.h6OsEQ3.jpg

Bit off topic and a shameless plug: Check out this thread if you're interested in joining a guild that has fun in PvPhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26305/the-infinity-group-ig-recruiting-for-multiple-roles-pvx-na-ocx

If it interests you or anyone else reading this, it's best to contact Ansilon.6230

Archived