Underwater changes

Hoshinohi.1896

With the new balance update engineer got some good and unfortunately some really bad changes to the skillset.

while the homing torpedo now is way faster the scatter mines and the netshot lost there ability to be manually activated and will only activate on impact. This however is a major disadvantage most of all for the scatter mines that also have a much higher spread now so hitting single enemys with all of them is even worse than before which leads to a significant nerf on damage.

The biggest issue I have is that even medkit is reworked it is stil not able to use it underwater like it was before the first reworks of the medkit.as both elixier H and the A.E.D are completely shit for use underwater this is a big dissapointment to the current situation. There is no reason to not reimplement this skill for underwateruse other than 2 week healingskills no one wants to use instead.

yeah, the weapon is more or less worse off now.

Noone auto attacked with it anyway and the good thing about it was the solid burst from landing a skillshot detonation of mines or deploying a net at yourself (since it immobilizes all people crossing it anyways....) to cover an escape in wvw.

This is just changes made by someone who hasn't done underwater combat before.

Is there anyone who can get some dev attention for this? Scatter Mines was a significant nerf. While our auto attack is actually usable now (wow?), I would also argue that the changes to Scatter Mines pretty much offsets the buffs.

Engineer already is stuck with just a single weapon under water, and Grenades seem to be worse that they were long ago in this combat environment. I seem to remember grenades hitting targets very reliably under water, and now it seems like just 1 out of 3 will ever hit.

could we get some more condi on the weapon? Maybe a bleed on the autoattack or some more burn on 4. I mean, it's a bit shit that condi exists (barely) as a playstyle on land, but is kind of boned as far as underwater skills go.

the underwater changes were good, but Holo PF still remains FAR superior to them. This puts scrapper and core at a disadvantage.

I love love love the underwater Rocket Boots skill. It's great. .. I did notice that it doesn't share an ammo count with the regular skill. Not sure if intended, but quadruple Rocket Boots are insane

Harpoon gun is worse than it was pre-update. Scatter Mines is unusable unless you're standing inside the enemy hitbox due to not being able to detonate them whenever you want, skill 5 suffers from similar issues, Skill 3 is better.If anything, Harpoon gun was made a lot less interesting and interactive than it used to be.

Archived