Mount Maelstrom Insight Communing bug

This bug has nothing to do with the quests or access to it etc as previously reported. As far as I can see (or can't find) as this is a different bug.

I finally got around to finishing doing all the Mastery Insights in Tyria got up to the 9th and last one which is the Mount Maelstrom Insight: Volcanic Rim one and communed with it and got it but for some reason in the Hero panels Masteries section its saying I've only done 8 out of 9. However according to my map I have done all 9 of them and I've even gone around them all and tried doing them again but each one says "You've gained all you can from this place of power." I got the usual popup windows and achievements telling me I completed it but its not updating in the Hero Panel so I can't craft Legendaries :(

As far as i can see every other Mastery Insights Points have worked as each time I complete them it updated when I did Malchor's Leap Insight: Scavenger's Chasm I was at 8 out of 9 and when I went to do the final one which was Mount Maelstrom Insight: Volcanic Rim it still saying I've only done 8 out of 9. I've tried logging off, switching characters, going through all the Mastery Points on both the same character and even a different one and all I got told was that I've gained all you can from this place of power.

Ah yeah that's an idea, never thought of giving that a shot at like 6am in the morning (probably due to being a tad sleep deprived lol)

I did a repair and nothing still showing only 8 out of 9 Mastery Points completed even though I've done all 9 and the map shows all 9 have been completed =/

@Zoidy.2685 said:Ah yeah that's an idea, never thought of giving that a shot at like 6am in the morning (probably due to being a tad sleep deprived lol)

I did a repair and nothing still showing only 8 out of 9 Mastery Points completed even though I've done all 9 and the map shows all 9 have been completed =/

Hmmm.Reading this bit, and then;

for some reason in the Hero panels Masteries section its saying I've only done 8 out of 9.

It’s saying you have 8 available points to spend, and that you need 9 to learn the mastery. Are you looking at the Legendary Crafting Mastery? (Given what you have already written you are). If you only have 8 available Mastery points it will show 8/9 in the Mastery Section of the Hero Panel under Legendary Crafting. Is this the first Mastery you are trying to max out for Core Tyria? Because you will need to earn more mastery points than just the insights from core Tyria to progress.From the information you have provided, there is no bug, you’re just not grasping how the system works.

Mastery Insights for core Tyria, as shown above, is not ambiguous as to what you have or haven’t obtained.

Okay maybe I'm not grasping it or just confused but how am I going to word this hmmm...

According to the wiki there are nine Mastery Insights which each give you a Mastery Point. My problem is I've done all nine and only gotten 8 Mastery Points when I should have gotten 9. So shouldn't that mean 9 Mastery Insights = 9 Mastery Points?

I've done:

Bloodtide Coast Insight: Bloody Bill's BaseDredgehaunt Cliffs Insight: Dostoev Sky PeakFireheart Rise Insight: Cozen DesolationHarathi Hinterlands Insight: Hidden OurobonIron Marches Insight: Sunken Halls of ClarentMalchor's Leap Insight: Scavenger's ChasmMount Maelstrom Insight: Volcanic RimSparkfly Fen Insight: Shattercleft HillsTimberline Falls Insight: Copperhammer Mines

As far as I know these are all core Tyria maps and all nine should give you Mastery Insights and a Mastery Point. Every Mastery Insight has given me a Mastery Point except for the Mount Maelstrom Insight: Volcanic Rim. (I know this as I've check after each one I completed)I have all 9 Mastery Insights but only 8 Mastery Points for the core Tyria Mastery, without that last Mastery Point that I was never awarded I cannot complete the Legendary Crafting.

So it shows I have completed all the core Tyria Mastery Insights in the Hero Panel and all Mastery Points on the world map, if I try and commune with all 9 of the core Tyria Mastery Points again I get "You've gained all you can from this place of power." which should mean I have been award 8 Mastery Points out of 9. Every Mastery in core Tyria has given/ awarded me a Mastery Point expect for the Mount Maelstrom one. I hope I make sense.

I'll also note that I have fully complete both the Pact Commander and Fractal Attunement mastery tracks and just one point away from unlocking Scholar of Secrets to fully complete Legendary Crafting.

I could be totally wrong but as far as I can see something doesn't add up (I'm not mathatition). When I started Scholar of Secrets I had 0 Core Tyria Mastery Points so I went to do the 9 Core Mastery points and only ended up with 8. I fully complete both the Pact Commander and Fractal Attunement mastery tracks well over a year ago, I'm pretty sure within like two or three months of Heart of Thorn being released. I'll try and get another Mastery Point somehow and see what happens. It's no biggie really I just want to know if this is in fact a bug which I'm starting to think it may not be or if it is then it's just a bug affecting me.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, you spent one of these Core Mastery Insight Mastery Points fulfilling one of the other Mastery Tracks.>

I doubt I did but I won't rule it out as I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure as I said before I'm pretty sure that when I started Scholar of Secrets I had 0 unused Core Tyria Mastery Points so I went to do the 9 Core Mastery points and only ended up with 8. If I'm wrong then I'm happy to admit that as I'm only human after all.

Archived