Puerto Rico and the other Islands :(

aandiarie.7195

I have a lot of friends who live on the islands and they bought POF and can't play it.I know it seems silly that I'm bringing this up, but I feel really bad for them.

They may not have power for anywhere from 1-4 months and they are also missing out on the expansions they bought.The hurricanes decimated the islands and caused massive destruction. I gave money to the red cross to help, but dang :( ( though I was told the salvation army is better to give to)

All the power lines were torn up and some houses destroyed. I was wondering if anet can do something for the people who bought the expansion and can't play it for months.Like maybe a nice gem store item or something to lessen the sting for when they get back on the game months from now.

They are missing out on a lot.I mean the not having power things and the destruction is the worst, but wow. :( Maybe if someone bought the expansion and can't get on in those areas maybe give them 10 bl keys?

I do have much sympathy for Puerto Rico and the islands that Irma and Maria literally decimated (I'm originally from Houston TX) and I know that there would be a way to conclusively prove where you are based on IP but you know there's going to be people who will scam the system for a reward that they're not entitled to.

There's really no easy answer but.. again, I do deeply sympathize with their hardships.

Not ArenaNet's responsibility to treat everyone affected by weather. Do people in the North East USA get gifts when they get hit by a blizzard? Do people in the West get something for wildfires destroying their town? Do people along rivers get something for historic flooding?

Take care of your friends, family, and community. You can send them items to welcome them back. Better yet, you can send them money and supplies because that's probably needed more than a few BL Keys.

Have them move over to your place temporarily, they can play the game and won't miss out anything this way, if this is the concern.

Okay, so the thing is they got hit by hurricane so bad that their houses got destroyed. I'm pretty sure they have a lot more to worry about and it's anything but playing game. If you truly feel bad with their situation now, then you should provide supports as such shelters and supplies to them. But it seems to me that you're only feeling bad that they can't play games now.

Just that person said, it's not anyone's responsibility to treat everyone affected by anything bad, and if you truly want to help, you have to do it with your own power and not to rely and push this to others.

Anyway, best wishes to your friends.

The 1st post I mentioned I did care about them not having power and the devastation on their island. I have given to organizations to help them. If my friends need a place they can come to my house. The friends I know about have their house, but no power.I was just trying to see if maybe anet could do something nice for them.Though some feedback on here was helpful. I will be gifting my friends ingame who can't be on because of the hurricane some stuff so months from now when they try pof they will at least have something to lessen the sting of missing out. :)

Archived